shortie viper to mountain

dlange

guys I'm taking my stock 02 viper and turning it into a good mountain sled. What skid and track would work best. i have a 07 attak, but I've heard they totally suck in climbing in the powder, so I'm going to set up the viper for the mountains. Lets get this going lol! :letitsnow

Last edited:

not a ton, I was thinking about a set of used pipes, a used 2 inch paddle with a set of rails? I already have a set of powder skis for it. I thought I would spend a grand or so. I want it for one or two trips out west a year, and for powder days in the up

I have a basically stock 02 viper with a 151X2" conversion on it and it works fairly well I think. I bought a 151 kit from Hartman inc. and installed 8 tooth drivers and geared it down for high elevation riding. I did make a strap kit to remove the transfer rods which makes a huge difference. I have also been experimenting with different clutching setups and cannot find one that works well I would recommend talking to Hartman and getting the right clutch kit as that will make a huge difference. I did bend a set of rail extensions because they get pretty long going from 121 to 151. After the first set I built a reinforcement bracket to keep that from happening again. I would probably reccomend looking for a used skid of some kind if you are going to stretch it out. Let me know if you have any questions. Yamiman has also just completed a nice viper stretch to a 159 and has some good info also.

Raise the bars 3-6 inches, If you have a sway bar lose it. Tall windsheild, good shovel, Jack and avalance beacon are all things I would do before pipes. They all make powder riding in the hills fun. Gear it down for a top speed of 85 mph. Anti ratchet drivers are a must. If you head out to ride Grand Lake, Rabbit Ears or Steamboat area, E- mail me, If I'm riding you are welcome to join up with me and my friends and we will show you some local secrets.

Last edited:
viper or attak

already have 4 inch riser and powderhound skis. Jet need to extend I guess. I was going to strech the attak, but I think the viper would be just as good stretched, and I could keep the attak set up for the midwest. What do you guys think?

i bought a new 153" m7 rear suspension for a few hundred dollars and set it back to a 159. i bought a new track for $400 and a hartman tunnel extension for $150
and $150 into anti ratchet drivers, so for a $1000 you can have a good setup and its better than buying a kit to make your stock 121" longer, i really didnt spend a $1000 cause i sold my stock 121" suspension for $425 believe it or not and my track for $200 plus it looks really clean. i have some measurements if you wanted to go this route. :letitsnow

Attachments

• Copy of Picture 016.JPG
    Copy of Picture 016.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 029.JPG
    Picture 029.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Picture 028.JPG
    Picture 028.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 16
I first went to a 136 x 1-1/2
now I am runing a 144 x 2 x 16 wide (used doo track)
CPR Pipes, 8 tooth drivers, 43' helix silver spring, gearing? 19/38
new Yamaha Mountain ski bottoms
2" riser NEED MORE!

Back