mountain srx conversion

yam_apex91469

I've made some changes to my 99 SRX 700 to run out west. Converted to ported 151" x 2" camo finger track, 5" Rox risers, tunnel ext, 8" wahl no-slips, M10 136" stretched to 151" with Tracks Usa extensions & 8" big wheel kit. Engine & Clutch has Peak heads, Vforce3 reeds, Hauck silencer, Heel Clickers & Hauck roller secondary. I,m also planning on adding Holtzman ATTCC kit. Gearing is stock for now. Am I on the right track to have decent performance at around 10,000ft? Any suggestions?

You're on the right track. Memorys nearly gone but I think you can run 19/42 with the 70 link chain. Hopefully others who know for sure will chime in if I'm wrong. The finger track will not perform well in powder but is great for spring riding. Good luck. BTW, I would like to see it so post a pic.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll let you know which gears I decide on and will post pics when it's done. BTW the "before 151" pic is posted in the TY sled garage on the last page - it's the blue & yellow one.

Sounds like your on the right track. Here is one in progress, 2002 srx, drop & roll, 162 x 2.5 x 3 pitch, fabcraft tunnel and front suspension, ez ryde rear suspension.. ect gearing is 19/43

Attachments

• srx.JPG
    srx.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 55
bet you can't wait to get that bad boy on the snow! Any engine mods? I decided not to go too crazy and after alot of thought went with 42/21 gears

Ill get in on this one I have a 98 msrx with a 151x2x15 challenger and with 20/40 gearing it rocks pull super hard right to 9000 rpm my motor was stock last season other then pipes and reeds this year its getting a 600 cdi and maybe some megadome heads ans porting the track. I ride strickly mountains of BC and its a great sled hope to do some more to it in the years to come probably fabcraft tunnel, powderlite trailing arms, highrise seat, and porting for some more power

Motor just has reeds and the heads are getting milled right now. Thats about it, customer wanted to have the motor ported but I had it in the sled already, he can wait till next year LOL!

Back