Changing Exciter Sx Belt?

chrismx

Hey, i have a 93 exciter sx and am wanting to change the belt on it. All i did is just cut the old one off although i cant seem to get the new one on by just spinning it on like a bike chain. apreciate the help. also is there a way to adjust the clutch if so how>

Whoa - you cut the belt to get it off!!! Time to learn the right way! Grab the inside face of your secondary and turn it clockwise while pushing it away from you (toward the middle of the sled). When you do that, the secondary clutch will open up - hold it open with one hand. You can grab the belt with the other hand and pull up - the belt will ride into the open secondary on the bottom and give you enough slack to slip the top of the belt over the outside of the clutch. It should now be free of the secondary and you can remove it from the sled. Installing the new belt is the opposite - loop it over the primary, open the secondary by twisting and pushing, hold it open. Slip the belt over the top of the secondary and between the sheaves. Work the rest of the belt over the bottom of the secondary from there. This technique should save you some effort and $$$.

A.

Back