MRVIPER - TURK psi pipe set up for 87 phazer

Nicko

Argentino Loco
Who else I'm going to ask if not you guys I search and no luck....
I got a psi pipe for my 87 phazer and I bought a set of 38 mm flatside carbs, I'm planning to mix the oil myself and swap the airbox for pod filters....Any clutching or any other mods for that pipe...?
And if you guys have any part for sale I might need just shoot me the price

Thanks

Nick

Before my time...sorry. I would just make it blow up!!!!

Jetting..????????

Jetting for start.....? Any idea guys....?
What do you mean with make it blow turk...sorry but I don't get it.
And what do you mean with is ok to post Bruce...? How about secondary spring....?
Anybody has a Phone number for PSI maybe they will help..

Thanks for the inputs guys...

NIck

turk means he doesnt know anything about them to tell you. So he would give you some POS setup and then you would blow the thingy up. I also would like some info as i own a 89 phazer.

And 2000srx means he wasnt sure if he could post as you titled it for turk and mrviper

with aeen pipe the engine need to run i think its 7500 max i think stock is 7300 ...and for stock carb it was 2 size jet bigger at that time but i know now they make alots of different jets size..not sure about clutch i think 87 run small clutch

Yea I tought about it for a minute and understood later, Thanks turk anyways, I'm thinking on throwing a set of reeds too......

So Y guess if I fllow bruce tips I only nethe secondary spring and jetting specs left.......Bruce...?

Thanks again guys....

P.S. in case somebody wonder why i'm putting some money on the "thingy" je je je is because I got it for free this past summer and I figure I'll make it rock if I can.....

"thingy" LOL, i had a brain fart there. But they are Great little sleds. i thought abut some mods also.

I told you want to do with the clutch...It is stock? The jetting is 270 main with large hex and the pilot, I will have to look and tell you later. This should give you a good start. The secondary is OK.

Bruce

98700 said:
"thingy" LOL, i had a brain fart there. But they are Great little sleds. i thought abut some mods also.

Hey I like Thingy it might become this phazer nick name from today on.....LOL

Thanks bruce I'll start with that clutch set up.....and then 270 mains and what is that about the large hex ? sorry kind of dummy here, keep me posted on the rest...Thanks again nick

Nick, ya coming up again this year? I'm gonna have one hell of a tuned sled. Not like last year, I was way over revving. Probably gonna tear it down and put new rings in. Everyone's got me gun shy on going any farther than 4500 miles on original rings.

I will try to make it....will see how it goes......Keep me updated on those mods.....Take care

Nick

Which mains are your carbs running? hex style or small rounds like a yamaha? I ran 155's and 156.? on my old phazer. Needles in the middle and whatever pilots were stock in the carbs I had. I have no clue if this will work for you, but it would give you a starting spot for jetting with small round mains. with the 156.? mains I ran it in as cold of temps that I want to ride in. (about -10F or so)

Clutching I ran a red/pink spring with 82m90 weights. Stock secondary. I think it was geared 17/33 but it's been a long time. Might have been 17/35. Don't remember.

Hope this helps a little.

Back