00 Phazer Bender pipe jetting

nailsandrails

VIP Member
I recently purchased this pipe, but am having difficulty getting a hold of Bender. Anyone know if you need to change jets with this one? A clutch kit would also be great if anyone knows what parts are needed to wake it up.

Sparta - Are those jetting specs from experience, or what Bender recommends. I see it has staggered jetting stock. Are you suggesting 147.5 on both cylinders?

Well good news. I got a hold of Bender today and they do not recommend changing the stock jetting for this pipe. It also sounds like I can just work with the stock clutching to get it dialed in. I'll have to see where RPM's are this winter and change rivets to get it to run @ 7300.

Jets

147.5's are what we ran in the 89 phazer's with a Bender pipe on it. I have the same jets in my Phazer with a Hawk Pipe on it. Did you buy the pipe on e-bay ?

Pipe

I would be interested to see what gains you were able to get with the Bender VS Stock. I really would like to race them Hauck VS Bender. Ready to line'm up ? That looked like a real nice pipe. What did you give for it ?

I gave 175 shipped. This is my Wifes sled. She doesn't want to change sleds, so I am trying to make it run with the 500 liquids. I added the pipe. all new shocks (Used XTC) with the rears revalved by pioneer, reed stopper notch, and a 9818 track with 96 studs this year. I'll let you know how it compares to stock after the snow flies. Bender said it mainly increased mid range torque. With the new track, shocks, and pipe, this should be a pretty fun sled this year that anyone can ride.

Back