Rear skid swap

Four Paws

I have a short tracked Vmax-4 that I want to stretch out to ride powder and do a little climbing. Planning on swapping a skid from a newer mountain sled in place of the stocker. Just wanted to know what you guys like the best...or have heard good things about. Seems most of the RX1 and Apex guys are swapping out their new skids for Polaris Edge or IQ skids...so that must mean something.

Let me know! Thanks for all your help!

Josh

If you can find one, a 96 Xt skid was sweet for the 4 and was a direct bolt in if I remember correct.

Thanks for the info. I am open to anything - direct bolt-in is not necessary, nor am I counting on it. I just want a hot set-up for climbing.

Thanks! Josh

I went with a 144 edge xtra lite. 25lbs. lighter and more controlable transfer. I was able to find one with fresh Ryde FX shocks for $300. I have seen them with the steel body shocks for less.

Snowwest classifieds is a good place to shop mtn skids, and a lot of the "boost" boys swap out the Apex skids, even tho the stock apex mtn skid is a great all around skid. And the M7 skid is another good choice as maxdlx said

Back