srx suspension

juniormax

I have a 98 srx that has a 151 x 2 inch track and Im looking to lighten it up a bit one thing Im thinking is to port the track but what I am also looking at is changing the rear suspension what kinda options do I have is there one suspension that I can get second hand that is an awesome mountain suspension or should I just put pennys away and get a ezride or holts

pull all the unnecessary bogie wheels out. loose the transfer rods. put a mpi transfer enhancement kit in. all the above will drop nearly 7 lbs. track porting is not much for weight reduction. last 151 i drilled with 3, 1 1/8 holes through the center gave me 180 little rubber circles totalling a whopping 1/3 pound. but it helps the hyfax when you loose most the wheels. antiratchet drivers make four into two for about a pound. all above considerably less than a new suspension. food for thought. cost for above mentioned, less labor, under $200.

Okay well Ive done that I have the transfer kit I lost all the wheels and I have anti ratchet drivers so I geuss now I just ride it cause it goes good but theres a mountain max that has been worked up that I have to try to keep up to this year so Im trying to find an edge

have you done any with the front of the sled? with the 151, it likes to nose over. narrow up the stance with mtn max rad rods and control arms, basically, throw the mtn max steering components in your front end, and adjustable shock mounts. this will raise your front end(bumper height) higher than the mtn max. you will have to adjust spring tension on your ski shocks so you can steer. front diet: aftermarket silencer, lightweight trailing arms, etc. think snow!

Ill have to look into the suspension mods..... i have triple pipes and echolm trailing arms so the weight will be coming down on the front end this season thanks for your info

I did an edge xtra-lite skid out of an 04 poo (144 rails). 25 honest lbs lighter and was almost free by the time I unloaded my old skid. Extros are a must but I find the transfer is way better (yes, I had the MPI transfer kit before) and I ended up with freshened ryde fx shocks vs the old steel body shocks.

yeah I have stock rails with extensions..... yeah Im just thinking about buying a suspension from a friend but I have to line up a buyer for my 151 so I can go to a 156 and if I do that then Im gonna go to a 16 wide 3 pitch so Im gonna have to start putting aside a little bit of cash so that I can do more mods in the summer

Back