value of 1990 phazer and 1992 venture

Sinjin

I have a friend who is just getting into snowmobiling. He bought a 3 sled package deal from a relative. One is a 1998 Cat ZR600 that he is keeping. He is considering selling the other 2 sleds. One is a 1990 phazer II 480 fan with electric start and 3000 miles. Other one is 1992 venture with 480 fan and 1300 miles.

I went a looked at the sleds and they are super clean all original condition. Look like they were hardly ridden.

He is thinking of selling both of these and replacing them with something newer and bigger. I know a lot about the newer Yamahas from 1997 until now but don't know much about these. What might he expect to get for these??? Sleds are located near St. Paul Minnesota.

Time of year, Condition, location and weather (at the time of sale) all play into factor. I.M.O. any Yamaha of that age, thats been well taken care of, has a good track, starts and runs well is worth a minumum of $1000.00 dollars ?

I'd agree with VMAx540-I have purchased a few older Phazers (early to mid 90s) with low miles on them over the last three winters. I purchased all of them for at least $1,000. These sleds, when maintained, are practicalyy bullet-proof.

The Venture should fetch at least $1,200, if not more, depending on the conditions mentioned above. The Phazer should bring around $1,000, also depending on conditions.

Phazer's hold ther value pretty well I'v been to white star auction several times and I'm always amazed at the price they bring in good shape cats are the worst there as far as holding there value!

Back