Ovation-340 / CS-340

Lasse

Hello !

I'm thinking of change the OEM double butterfly carburetor to a more comon single Mikuni VM-32 or VM-34 in my doughters sled ( CS-340 LT )

Anyone here done this operation on this little engine sitting in the
ET-340 / CS-340 / Ovation-340 ?

:2strokes:

It's possable I would use a vm 34 this would take alot of tuning and rejeting I would also use an egt guage just to be safe!

look up the specs for the mid 80's enticers. i know my dad's 1986 et340t only had a single butterfly mikuni on it. ran great untill they stole the sled. i have a butterfly mikuni off of a early 80's 340 enticer complete sitting on the bench at home if you want it.

Lasse said:
Hello !

I'm thinking of change the OEM double butterfly carburetor to a more comon single Mikuni VM-32 or VM-34 in my doughters sled ( CS-340 LT )

Anyone here done this operation on this little engine sitting in the
ET-340 / CS-340 / Ovation-340 ?

:2strokes:

WHY??????

opsled said:
WHY??????

because no one has a parts breakdown/specs other than yamaha. i have the exact same carb on my et410 and it can be a finicky unit at times. single carb is much easyer to maintain.

Maim said:
because no one has a parts breakdown/specs other than yamaha. i have the exact same carb on my et410 and it can be a finicky unit at times. single carb is much easyer to maintain.

I just checked and parts breakdown for them is online. Parts are still available for them and I'm not sure where you would want to go for specs other than Yamaha (the same would be true for the single carb). The single butterfly carbs are easier to maintain but from my perspective not enough to warrent a carb change unless the original is junk. I haven't had any problems with them.

opsled

I had lots of trouble with mine last year and found that you would need the complete intake. But I also found that there is a welch plug that you remove then soak and clean the whole carb replace the plug and you are good to go! Ask Tom the Web Master there is a guy from Northern or North Woods Yamaha that helpped me alot, Tomahawk I think? The 2 barrel does perform better when it's right!

Back