Raising the handlebars

WANNA4STROKE

I have a 2000 MM 700 and thinking about raising them. I am 6-1. How far should I go and what would it entail- all new cables or do they sell extensions? Do you do it with a riser or taller handle bars?

Thxs.

David :beer:

I have a Vmax 600 and put 7" of rise on the bars. I am 6'-4" and the risers are a must for any tall rider. They improved my riding skills 100%.
You can get cables from www.gravityworxracing.com. They also have risers and handle bars. I purchased the MM cables and they are very good quality.

Later

I'm about 5'11" and I went with a 4" riser and Mountain Viper bars (2" taller than MM bars) for a total of 6". I got my cables from MPI, nice stuff!

5'6" went with 5 1/2 rox riser on a 01 MM
New extended brake line, rerouted oil and throttle cable over the air box.
I find it perfect for stand up riding. High for trail riding.
I hate trail riding anyway. Trail riding is just the bumpy part before the
POW............

Stand up straight on the sled with your feet forward. Hold you hands above the handle bars in a comfortable position and have someone measure the distance the bars need to come up. I always add an inch to the measurement to take care of boots and snow build up. When you raise them, make sure you come straight up and not up at the same angle as the steering post flange. If you don't come straight up, the bars end up too far back. Prevents you from getting your weight forward in a climb. For you height, I'm betting 6 or 7 inches. Hope this helps you.

I built a srx 162 and the owner is about 6' tall. Used the stock bars added a adapter for 1.25" then a 8" riser block for,used gravity worx cables.

I am only 5'9, this handlebar height is perfect for me also..

Back