Throtle cable issue ( I must be stupid )

Nicko

Argentino Loco
Ok here it is don't laugh guys.
I put 38 mm flatslide carbs n my 87 phazer, try to put the original cable from the old carbs and of course is to short, the hole thing goes all the way butthe cable itself is to short and leave the throttle open to much so I tried with the cabla that came with the 38 mm and guess what is to f :o| ing long again the cable itself is so long that the throttle on the handelbar has lot of play and for this reason wont open the carbs all the way.....

Any help guys.....

Thanks

Nick

I don't know it doesn't matter wich way I routed the cable inside seems to be to long there is to muxh slack on the throttle block to much play and of course because of thisthe slides on the carb wont open all the way...

Any idea guys :o|

Put the throttle lever (or block) on from the sled the carbs came from.

Nick, the PZ flipper doesn't have enough throw for the 38's, it will never work, you need a throttle assy from an EX with 38's on it

Name this sled from (working log forum) We are using a throttle block/lever and Flatslide carbs from the 1994-96 Vmax 500's, Stock Phazer throttle cable, and a Vmax540 oil pump cable ! B.T.W. last night we dropped down to 147.5 mains. for 1300' elevation

Back