Snow Scoot & scout

KCCats

Who all is really up on both of the little felows? I was wondering if I could put the electric start from the 80cc on to the 120cc? And I'm having trouble getting the 80 to start?

sno-scoot is an 80cc, sno-sport is 125cc............not sure what you are talking about "scout?".

I know the top ends are different because you cannot put a 125 top end on the 80 bottom end...........but I do not know about swaping the starters. they both start easy with the kick start.

If its hard to start change or clean the plug then next would be to clean the carb.

Tod

Last edited:
Sno Scoot

If it starts hard with kick start, it will start hard with electric start. Clean carb, easy to do, no new gaskets needed. Make sure you use correct size screwdriver when removing jets, blow them and carb passages out with carb clean and then air. Make sure you put rubber plug, back in correct hole over top jet. You can pull carb off with enrich cable attached, just take off nut by dash. This way you can adjust it, by lightly clamping in vice and looking into hole with flashlight, make sure plunger goes up and down (closed). If enrich cable is no good, put a manual primer on carb, it will start a whole lot easier. I have done this to mine. Let me know, I can give you more info on jet and location to tap into carb.

80ccs said:
If it starts hard with kick start, it will start hard with electric start. Clean carb, easy to do, no new gaskets needed. Make sure you use correct size screwdriver when removing jets, blow them and carb passages out with carb clean and then air. Make sure you put rubber plug, back in correct hole over top jet. You can pull carb off with enrich cable attached, just take off nut by dash. This way you can adjust it, by lightly clamping in vice and looking into hole with flashlight, make sure plunger goes up and down (closed). If enrich cable is no good, put a manual primer on carb, it will start a whole lot easier. I have done this to mine. Let me know, I can give you more info on jet and location to tap into carb.

Yep. Also, replace in-tank fuel filter. When they get old, they will send pieces of filter right into your newly cleaned carb and your problems start all over again. And the 80cc and 125cc are completely different motors. Good luck!

I just pulled the Sport out and it was lockrd up! I got it apart and the rod had rust all over it!!! The seals were bad because I filled the case with PB Blaster and it all leaked out over night! I got the crank out, but what a job, that lil thing is complicated! Anyone no where I can get or down load a manual? What about getting parts?

Back