Best ski's Simmons or SLP?

Simmon's :)

I love my Simmon's dual runners.Just put them in and they carve like crazy with the 6 " carbides.I can turn on a dime with them and they float great to.Was testing them out yesterday.

Well if my Mtn srx turns like a dump truck this season I might look into some different ski's. I need to set the suspension up for me not the previuos owner.

Put Simmons on my '03 Mt. Viper not long after I got it and thought they were great, way better than the ski's that came on it. However after reading and hearing all the hype about the new powder ski that Yamaha came out with on the Mt Apex, I decided to try a pair.
No comparsion........The saddleless powder ski by Yami, in my opinion, beats the hell out of the Simmons. It floats good, turns good, sidehills great. Only draw back I can find is the hallow protion of the ski holds snow and ice.

I've had both on my sled.
Simmons are a better ski for trails, hard packed snow. Almost no darting, smooth ride due to the flex of the ski.
Yamaha, Powder Pros (very similiar ski), perform better in deep snow, and powder. Also to my suprise, they hold a side hill better then the Simmons.
Both are good skis, and are far better then the stock skis. Just depends on the type of riding you do. I do 90% off trail/mountian, so I kept the Yamaha skis, and sold the Simmons.

I dont think MTN riders get too fancy on the carbides. Only on a bad day I remember the bare gravel road in places to get to the good stuff was harder on the carbide than asphalt. I eventually lost the complete stock 4 inch OEM Yamaha carbide insert on 1 of my skis.

I went to Woody's duelly on my mountain skis and took most of the dart out.
I had Simmons also but liked Yamaha's mountain ski better. Watch the crusted snow, they do have some bite.

cos in alaska
Just running a normal 6" carbide. No need for much of that in the powder.
Looking for a ski that turns good and sidehills good in the mountains.

can someone with simons, that stear easy, post a picture of the carbide on the ski from the side so i can see the offset. my set sucked and came with carbides that are almost completely behind the pivot of the ski. this can not be the way they should be as they just go straight. turn hard. im sure they are supose to have centered carbides but wonder if maybe one side is correct and the other should be centered.

let me know what you find on yours.
thanks
scott

No camera to take photo's, but my runners are round, 11" long with two carbides in front and two carbides in back, about 1" each or total of 4 inches spaced equally forward and behind the spindle and 1" from the ends of the runners. Same on both the inside and out side runners of each ski. Turns easy, never darts.

1" runner, 2" carbides, 5" runner, 2"carbides, 1" runner

is there a simmons dealer w/ good deals on this site?

Back