trail reports in minnesota

clubs in Northern MN are packing trails, but I wouldn't expect to see anything groomed even this weekend - as far as the state goes, dont hold your breath - tac trail etc still has trees laying across from summer.

I was out last night on the state trail that runs from duluth to two harbors and up.....they have been on it with a groomer and there is about 12 of pack... I hit a couple spots in the corners where it was worn down but I would not be concerned about take a trip up the north shore....there is plenty of ridable snow!!!!!!!!! I was also on the resivour loop that runs off of the state trail to island a fish lake....I was one of five sleds to ride it and was busting about 20 inches of fresh powder!!!!! I am not sure if the lakes are totally frozen because of the dams that are in them but if you are on the big trails the riding was a blast!!!!!!!!!I put on about 60 miles and would of put on another 60 if I wasn't by my self. I don't know when the next time will be that they groom but it wasn't bad at all!!!!!!!!!

Just got in from trying out the long travel conversion, LOVE IT! From Eveleth to Gilbert and out towards Giants Ridge the clubs trail is panned and not bad, 50+mph most of the time. Have not gone north thru Virginia towards Tower yet. I've been mainly riding the local trails, old mine roads and just off the roads. Another 2-3 inches and it would perfect!

Good news is were about a month and a half ahead of last year for riding conditions up here.

:letitsnow Sled are out everywhere! :letitsnow

Back