Inviter starter

RIVERRUNNER

I have a 1987 starter that has a gear that is rounded off, what is is the best way to fix it!!!! Is a inviter gear the same as any other model electric starters?
Let me know
Thanks!!!

inviter

This has nothing to do with the starter. I just got a used Inviter for the kids. I was wondering if you new how many turns to set the top screw on the carb. The screw is top dead center of the carb close to the motor side carb flange. I believe it might be a air screw. Thanks.

A new gear is available from Yamaha - unless it has now become an obsolete part. There is a Yamaha parts catalog accessible from the home page here.

Are the teeth just rounded on the engaging edge? That would be normal. Does it still engage?
It is unusual for the teeth to be gone unless it was caused by something.
Was the starter loose? What does the ring gear look like?

Last edited:
nysrx said:
This has nothing to do with the starter. I just got a used Inviter for the kids. I was wondering if you new how many turns to set the top screw on the carb. The screw is top dead center of the carb close to the motor side carb flange. I believe it might be a air screw. Thanks.
That information is normally on a sticker under the hood. Possibly on the belt guard? I don't remember for sure now, but I believe that would be a low speed fuel screw. You can just adjust it to the setting that the sled idles the best at. If it bogs on acceleration, richen it slightly until it doesn't.

Back