92 exciter top speed

dino3995

i posted last year and did not get much replies. have 92 exciter and it tops out at 70mph@7000rpm last year had a psi pipe on ,so this year rebuilt both cluthes, all new oem part in clutches, new oem belt put stock pipe back on,rejetted to 310 mains and still will not rev over 7000. comp on both cyls is 125psi track tension is correct no bad bearings in drive system, has stock gearing for that year ,i can't remember off hand check over summer, please help?

7k rpm's seems low. I can't remember exactly what they are suppose to pull, and is probably different than my old 93 exciter 11 sx. I did a search and found your post from last year, someone on there recommended clutching for around 7650 rpm. That sounds a lot closer to me, I would ask a dealer or maybe someone on here will verify. I think your problem is from too low of rpm. I assume this is on a nice groomed trail? My old 93 sx would run anywhere from 75 mph clear to 100 mph depending on the snow conditions. Those 3/4 tracks slip a lot in loose snow! Those things ran sweet with a PSI pipe on them, I would think if you called them they could tell you what rpm's to clutch for. I'll try to ask around, hopefully someone will know.

my 93 sx ran 96 in 1000 feet on ice i have radared it at 100 mph bender pipe turns 7800 rpm have pin conversion kit cat weights 46-39 rear helix gearing on top 16 tooth stock bottom this has been the best sled ive owned on staying together 21000 kilos only one set of pistons always have used amoil

slowwww exciter

It should run alot better than that on hard pack.
I have an old 88 exciter (spare/loaner sled) and it will run 85/90 all day long.
about 2 or 3 years ago I had a similar siuation with my 88, good compression, and it ran decent but it was down on rpm and down on mph, so I took the jugs off and both of the piston skirts where cracked I bored it and put a couple wisqueako's in it and it has been runing good since.
On super hard pack it might even hit 95 mph in a mile or 2.
Aaen pipe. stock clutching and gearing.
My first new sled was an 88 exciter I put 12000 miles on it so I still love em.

:2strokes:

I had a 93 Exciter II and it would run around 7800rpm full shift and top out anywhere between 85-105 depending on temp/conditions. Loved that sled!

I gps'd my 93 exciter sx at 92.4 mph top speed over ice a few days ago. All stock with PSI twin pipes and studded track. Still had some throttle left but ran out of room.

Back