Phazer RPM's?

JonIggy

I put 25 miles on my phazer II this morning, and I think my RPM's are a little low. Going WOT over loose snow pulls 5500 rpms. I had the carbs professionaly cleaned last year, and stored them dry. I haven't really touched the pilot/ fuel ratio screws yet. Could this be my problem? I'm not backfiring at all, and she revs up pretty well.

You sure you are running on both cylinders? I had a bad plug and thats all it would rev up to.

I pulled my plugs today and both were very black. I cleaned them off, and stuck them back in. I than pulled 6200 for awhile before they got coated again. What do I need to adjust? I went through five gallons of gas over 50 miles in loose snow. This seems pretty low to me. Could this be a result of bad tuning?

Well I just got into sleds a couple weeks ago so I don't have all the answers yet. I knew mine was running on one cylinder because one was hot and the other was cold. The problem could be as simple as the plugs being warn out and not giving full spark though. I would at least just replace them anyway, its under $5 for both of them. Also I haven't experienced it yet, but I've heard a worn out belt can cause a lot of problems too.

regardless if they were stored dry it is a must to re re and service and clean them also you should service clutches re re and inspect as far as rpm i believe it has to turn 6850 stock and depending on what pipe 7000 to 7200

When you say it has to turn 6850 stock, is this the max rpm at full throttle? And then it has to be increased with a pipe?

Phazers run 7250 stock, 7500 with a single pipe, 5 gal in 50mi? You have a carb issue or your choke plunger is stuck open, if it was OK when you put it away, check the compression, rebuild your carbs, put 2 new plugs in it...........

Back