Let It Snow, Let It Snow

rather-b-sleddin

Its been snowing hard here since early this morning..(just west of Ottawa)..They are estimating 40 to 60 cm. by the time its over..Seems like more snow on the ground now than all last winter..Can't really go sleddin till its over..Can't see where your going..

Attachments

• Snow Dec.16 2007 007 (Small).jpg
    Snow Dec.16 2007 007 (Small).jpg
    35 KB · Views: 5
  • Snow Dec.16 2007 010 (Small).jpg
    Snow Dec.16 2007 010 (Small).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Snow Dec.16 2007 011 (Small).jpg
    Snow Dec.16 2007 011 (Small).jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Snow Dec.16 2007 013 (Small).jpg
    Snow Dec.16 2007 013 (Small).jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 5

were at 12 inches here and still going strong, before the storm we already had a 20 inch base

IMGP0388.jpg

Did it ever dump, a foot easily, and still coming....

I just spent about 2hrs shoveling my laneway, and still not done!!! Man I should have got a snowblower..haha

Can't wait to get out and rip it up, will be a great base this year for the trails.

i passed the snowblower 1 hour ago and since then theres another 4-5 inches fallen lol damnn il have to pass it in the morning again and my sled isnt even here, they are calling for rain tho next week

To Much Snow???

This may sound like I'm whinning but I tried to go out sleddin this mornig but got stuck twice in my front yard before I could even get to my laneway..After 30 minutes of diggin (each time) I finally get to my laneway and head down the road to where the trail starts, and nothing is groomed. I was going to chance it but noticed a couple of real big drifts where the trail is supposed to be so I turn around an head back home.....As I read this I realize I am whinning..Patience is not one of my strong points...

rather-b-sleddin said:
This may sound like I'm whinning but I tried to go out sleddin this mornig but got stuck twice in my front yard before I could even get to my laneway..After 30 minutes of diggin (each time) I finally get to my laneway and head down the road to where the trail starts, and nothing is groomed. I was going to chance it but noticed a couple of real big drifts where the trail is supposed to be so I turn around an head back home.....As I read this I realize I am whinning..Patience is not one of my strong points...
LOL...you damn Whiner!! actually it is pretty hard going when the trails aren't broke or groomed...you have to just pin it and float on top. But getting stuck is part of the game for sure, and with 15" of fresh powder, and if the trail wasn't broke before that storm, I wouldn't touch the trails either....too much work

Come on boys we went up to Munising over Easter last year right after a fresh 4.5 FEET of powder with 136" sleds and only got stuck a handful of times. Grab the throttle and keep carving back and forth and you'll stay up. Enjoy that white gold while you have it!

I went for a blast down the trans-canada yesterday, what a hoot. Must have see 30 other sleds. Even got stopped by a trail warden checking for permits, WTF?!>! Dropped off the side a couple times to play in the deep, deep powder and the snow was coming over the hood the whole time. I can honestly say that's the first time I've been able to do true boon-docking in the Ottawa area. I'm glad I've done a lot of ditch banging and off trail riding because I'd have been stuck 100 times for sure. Almost got stuck bad once coming up to a snow bank from a field full of fresh powder. Just as I was approaching the bank one skis hit something (lightly) below the surface and threw me off balance. Once my weight transferred the machine started turning back in to the field (not good, no room). Threw both feet over to the opposite side and hit the smile button, but it was too late I was loosing momentum fast. Just before she stopped completely I bailed off the side and gave her one last squirt. Machine floated right back to the top just like it’s supposed too. At that point the skis were right at the top of the bank, so I just grabbed the rear bumper (which was at chest height) and gave it a quick lift. Machine slid down the bank right to the road. Glad I didn’t have to dig that out, because I would have been there for a while.

Bring on the groomers!!!

Last edited:
yamaholic22 said:
Come on boys we went up to Munising over Easter last year right after a fresh 4.5 FEET of powder with 136" sleds and only got stuck a handful of times. Grab the throttle and keep carving back and forth and you'll stay up. Enjoy that white gold while you have it!
well it is fun for sure but in some tight trails its hard to keep the speed up, cause if you go off, it sucks you right into a tree....in the wide open feilds or wider trails sure grab throttle and go!!

Ohh yah I also only have a 121....should have long tracked it....ahh well next one I will

Last edited:
still have to defrost my warrior. brother borrowed it to go play with youngest bro. 12" of fresh snow so she had to do most of the trail breaking as little bros sled is only a 121". they only got stuck the once though. she trenched the bank loading it into the truck.

Rather-b-sleddin: Are you kidding man? I love that stuff, pull your bars up higher, stand up and start carving! Its hard work diggin her out, and hard work playing, but after awhile you get the hang of it and the you don't get stuck as often and you have a blast! You sleep really good after a day like that!

North of Edmonton on Sunday, there's only about 8 to 10 inches. But we're happy that we're at least riding. G.

amazing snow out there, played with my srx 141 all day and yes it was hard work from getting stuck in4 feet of snow and 5 foot drifts but itl be worth the pain il have in the morning..

Lucky........................and I hate you all!!! j/k Looks like it would be fun boys...

New years day

Perhaps they were right when they said the swamps were not frozen over...

Attachments

• Dec.19 2007 054 (Small).jpg
    Dec.19 2007 054 (Small).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Dec.19 2007 055 (Small).jpg
    Dec.19 2007 055 (Small).jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Dec.19 2007 056 (Small).jpg
    Dec.19 2007 056 (Small).jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1
rather-b-sleddin said:
Perhaps they were right when they said the swamps were not frozen over...
Yah that sucks man, Its been way too mild lately, stay off the swamps and lakes, nothing is frozen enough. Suppose to have some decent cold weather tonight and the next few days, which should freeze stuff up.

Back