E-bay.. Need advice.

tomseal6

VIP Member
Some guy bid and won a SRX recoil off me on E-bay. 10 days later and no payment so I emailed him and he said he needed one ASAP and bought one at his dealer. He owes me $41... Here is his respone when I emailed him. What do I do???

"im sorry, didnt even realize i had won this. i went to the local dealer and had to buy new because i needed it asap"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MESO:IT&viewitem=&item=300178339349&rd=1

He lives in IOWA

I filed a dispute on Ebay and it has to be 7 days to let him respond to the dispute which tomorrow is the deadline. I dont know where to go from there.. He has not responded yet. I got that email from him before I filed a dispute.

Things like this do happen, and ebay can credit you for the final value fees and listing fees if you re-list and try to sell it again.

I just went through this with a person that bid on a diamond ring I had on there. They didn't pay and wouldn't respond to emails. Once you file the UPI dispute if they don't respond to it you can leave them a negative and they can't leave you one, they can still leave you feedback but it doesn't count, BUT, if they respond at all to the UPI dispute like this lady did (her response was lllkhjgtyyyr) then if you leave them a negative they can leave you one back. :o| Which is a crock of you know what. They shouldn't be able to leave anything for you if they don't pay, but that's not how it works. So if you don't want to get a negative I wouldn't leave this person one unless they don't respond to the unpaid item dispute, hopefully they don't then you can leave them a negative without having to worry about them leaving you a retaliatory negative.

Last edited:
You should ask them to pay your selling fees and leave it at that - are they new to ebay or just an idiot?

Thanks,

If he does not respond to the dispute by tomorrow, Ill leave him a negative for sure. If he does, I will snipe him out on my calendar and wait just a few hours before the 90 day mark to leave him a neg while I relest my item. I think I had abid on it for $30 and will try to make a 2nd chance offer to another buyer.

ugly.jpg

Go figure, Hey!!

Can't understand why a guy with a credible ebay standing would not respond to your emails so as to correct this situation and avoid the negative feedback! Oh well this is something we all can learn from about buying and or selling on ebay. Rules are rules. Happy New Year and just came back from a 150 mile ride out North Bessemer area and up to the South Boundry in Gogebic County. 2'-3' of untouched snow on old logging trails. EXCELLENT

Back