What no fog helmet do you wear?

gbic1

I am trying to get this No Fog thing down. I have spent $$ on 2 new helmets last two years and still not happy. I have Ski Dont Modular with fighter style mask but my big chin pushes it away and pinches off the air supply and I cant breath. I bought a new Fulmer and on first ride I have not been happy . It fits but I got fog too fast. I have BIG head and really need 4x helmet but cant find any. I was told AFXs runs small. My buddies run the Skido Modulars (with normal sized heads) and have no problem. Others use the Yamaha/AGV Blizzard and also have no problem but once again have small heads. Any BIG heads out there? What about a NO FOG mask (brand)? Do they Work? :dunno:

Ive had a Yamaha SNO-force helmet for 3 years and even tho it looks weird it doesn't fog ever while moving. My friends who spent money on heated shields refuse to believe me even when I show them the proof. I rarely have to flip up the shield when stopped. Unfortunately you need to go out and try on different brands because of your head shape, all the opinions here arent worth squat if something doesn't fit. It will take time but its worth it. I got lucky but wont buy another snowmobile/atv/ or motorcycle helmet ever again without trying it on first.

I just got one of the Polaris AF1 helmets, and although it is pretty good the problem I am having is it's not fogging up, it's 'icing' up. I don't know if I'm getting snow dust in somewhere that is making it ice up, but it's only on the upper right hand side of the shield. It doesn't hinder my view, it just drives me nuts. However my neighbour has one and his works 100%. The only problem with them is their sizing is extremely small. My Arctic Cat XL helmet with electric shield is way to big on me, but the Polaris XXXL helmet is quite a tight squeeze on my head.

get a no fog mask, and wear whatever helmet you want.

I have an HJC cl14 that works pretty well for not fogging, but sometimes it still happens. I rarely wear that unless its reallllyyyy cold, then almost any shield will get some freezing/ fogging.

Most times I use my Laazer MX helmet with goggles with the neoprene face mask and platic nose guard built into the goggles.

That works pretty well, and paired with a balaclava, and in colder weather,a neoprene face mask, I have no complaints. I have yet to have any fogging with that setup.

i will second the no-fog mask it works excellent, horkn i have to admit i can't believe this has not been better incorporated into a helmet...owned mine for about 8 yrs. and keep it with me when ever i ride....CP

Bv2s

Well Its To Bad This Helmet Does Not Fit Because If It Did You Would Not Be Sending Out This Post!!!!!!

Bv2s

I got a Skidoo Modular. Had to go to it cause I was tired of lacerating my temples with the arms on my glasses. Had your breathing issue with the "Breath Shield" installed. Simply could not get enough air thru the side tubes and ended up blowing hot air into the helmet thus figging my glasses. Then I removed the breath deflector and it was ok but I fogged up the shield instead. Needed to run with the shield cracked about 1/4 of an inch. Not too fun at 0 degrees. Got a $175 electric shield for the modular. Works great. I use it without the breath deflector still as of my last ride last year but things might change this year. I finally got contacts (Accuvue Advance for Astigmatism) and am chomping at the bit to see how they will work while riding. So far I really like them except while trying to read fine print. So if the air thing still is an issue I have a brand new (used twice) Sno-force I can try.

Back