No snow around Chicago, its my fault.

I just wanted to let everyone know that the last 4 crappy years around the Chicago area are all my fault. When I had my 89 Ski-doo 380 or my 87 Yam v-max 540 you could ride locally or drive a FEW hours away and go for a ride. On Dec 20, 2003 I ruined everything and bought a new Viper (nicest machine ive owned). Ever since then ive only been able to ride locally a few times a year and have had to go all the way to the UP (sometimes not even there) just to ride my sled. When I started riding the UP was just a given, thats not even as consistent as it was. If this season doesn't shape up quick Im selling the Viper and the snow will return for all you guys.If it wasn't for my atvs I would be severly depressed. Pray for snow, this is ridiculous.

Thats funny! A friend of mine thinks it's his fault! He now rides a 4 stroke Arctic-Cat Z1 but feels he is to blame because of all those years of riding a smokey 2 stroke. I laugh and correct him that it was a smokey ARCTIC CAT 2 stroke.

Not my fault anymore!

Back when I lived in Zion, IL and got back into sleds mid 90's and again in early 2000-2003 I used to think it was my fault, When I would get a new sled, no snow! every time' Now I am here and Maine and we've got plenty of snow, so it must be you guys, It can't be me! Thanks
Blue

lol bluebullet.

it seems that way as well whenever i buy an new sled. just bought the war last year, the sxr 3 years before that. now that i went 4 stroke we all should be ok for the next 10 years if i don't wreck it.

I bought my sled last year after 7 years of not owning one and I blamed myself Thanks for taking this weight off my shoulders!

Just got back from Wisconsin Dells. Plenty of snow there, and I would have stayed today, but my friend has to work tomorrow. 3 hours from the NW side of Chicago.

I LOVE YOU PETE and I dont care if it REALLY IS your fault.. I get inBIG TROUBLE riding the snowmobile up and down 71st street to Marquette park and really PISS OFF "FIVE O " by them having to chase me around the park.. I don't know if they are REALLY that DUMB thinking they will catch me on a 100MPH snowmobile that weighs around 600 lbs,,but,,,,, I guess they have NOTHING BETTER to do than WORK their PANTIES into an uproar trying to chase me. I GET A RISE out of those guys!!!! Whats the lights and siren going to do???? Do you THINK I AM GOING TO PULL OVER so you can SCREW me around????? I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!

I havent rode around the park in a LOT OF YEARS!!! i think about 7 or 8 to be exact!!! There is a few guys around the airport (midway) that also have sleds and 1 guy in west lawn that has a real old sled,,, so,, I ain't the only guy riding around!!! I haven't saw any tracks in Marquette park besides MY OWN,, so I think I have the market cornered in my neighborhood!!!! I got the sleds in the garage and the trailer all loaded up for a week in the northwoods starting tomorrow,,,so,,, AWAY TO THE NORTHWOODS for a week of R&R!!!!! A friend at work has a mom and dad in Rhinelander with a BIG half million dollar home on Moens lake!!!! mom and dad went to FLORIDA,,,SO,,,, ROADTRIP!!!!!!!!!!

Hey bluebullet, you can move back to Zion now! I live in Winthrop Harbor, and have actually been able to ride out my back yard to the the trails in SE WI on three weekends so far. best season in years!
2datrl

does any sled owner in chicago area really expect to be able to ride their sleds on anything other than a dirt/ grass combo??

at best snirt will be there, and we all know the Illinois boys head to the northwoods of WI to really use their sleds.

In the 70s and 80s we would get snowed in for 3 days and only a snowmobile would get you out. .......... Oh well to the North Woods..................................

Back