Phazer runs ok, still need some tunning...? real dog at start

Nicko

Argentino Loco
Well sunday we took out the 85 phazer for the first time after all the work I did on it. I love the sound of the PSI pipe and I think top end is good...(70Mph) should it go faster ?
Now on the low end is just a dog a real dog.

This is what I'm running: PSI pipe, pod filters, 38 mm carbs with 42.5 pilots and 155 mains, pink primary with 84 M weights , stock secondary (blue/yellow) I thinck the wrap was B2. Gear is 17 top, never check the bottom but I assume is stock too.

What should I be looking/changing to get a great start, I really dont care if I loose top end.
The clutches engages at 2800 (is that right) and they top at 6800.
I have set of 87F on the shelf but no scale...if I get a chance to weight them should they be heavier or lighter to swap them....I mean will it change anything..

Ryan I know you are going to advice here and I just wanna thank you for all the help..I will post some pics and discuss with you the next summer project, guauuu allready talking about summer project...jajajajaja....

P.S. what do you guys think about those plugs...? It was pretty cold out

Thanks

Nick :letitsnow

Attachments

• Chaincase side.jpg
    Chaincase side.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Clutch Side.jpg
    Clutch Side.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

The wrap on the secondary is what it will change that...?
I know onmy redhead adding shims on the primary you can raise the engagement but I'm not familiar with the YPZ clutches yet....
I see you run a few phazers can you share some info see if I can get closer...Thanks

Nick

inspect front weights needs 8vo weights silver silver front spring rear set to c2 this set up the front spring is out of a gpx 433 1975 this set up is what tim bender told me to use in my 1989 phazer it rocks

yes ,the plugs are good, I have my phazer with aaen pipe set at c2 wrap.8v0 weights . check your rollers mine were bad , ( very loose...wore out). I have hit 90 mph on hard pack, 75 on good snowy trail!

Back