Have to be careful

Hi Guys & Gals:

It appears that two men were lost last night on Lake Simcoe, North of Toronto. One body has been found in the water and I believe the search continues for the second missing man, and I believe both machines have been found. I don't want to bring anyone down, but everyone please take a moment to think of times when we weren't sure but went for it anyway. I know I had a brush with open water many years ago myself. Some of us are just lucky, that's all. Anyway, please remember this is still an extremely dangerous activity, and but for the marked trails, I'm sure there would be a lot more tragedy. Please reflect, and perhaps take a quiet minute for the families. Thanks.

in new bruswick we got snow before cold weather so no frost in the ground even beaver pond are not frozen threw so any water crossing they say not to cross nbfsc says unsafe for a reason so everybody play safe so we can play long my prayers will be with the families

tedgoesfast said:
in new bruswick we got snow before cold weather so no frost in the ground even beaver pond are not frozen threw so any water crossing they say not to cross nbfsc says unsafe for a reason so everybody play safe so we can play long my prayers will be with the families

Yes, Tedgoesfast, I was discussing with a friend just today the importance of staying on the trail especially at night and doubly so in unknown territory. Once the snow blanket goes down, it can be tough to determine the underlying terrain. I live in a new subdivision, for example, and a field next door looks like a nice smooth field, but I know that there are all sorts of survey spikes and cables all over the place. Impale or snag your sled and send you over the bars in a heartbeat. Steve.

Every year somone post this kind of thing,every year,,it's a shame people are not smarter then this. <shakes his head>

Back