Will Phazer MTX disappoint me?

MMStewy

I'm contemplating buying an '08 Phazer MTX.
I currently own a '97 MM700 that has been extended to 141" with a 2" paddle. It really impresses in the deep stuff and for boondocking. The new PZ looks like a blast to ride but does it have enough jam? Will the 80 HP with better handling and manouverability be able to get me where the 110 HP MM takes me now?
Speed doesn't matter but always needing a pull on the ski does!

i have an 08 rtx and love it. i went from a sxr. not sure how it would be as a mountain sled but the motor is deciving. only way i can tell its a 80 hp sled is when im only goin 85 compaired to 100+ on my sxr. gets to 70 just as fast maybe even top speed as fast. ud have more luck on the 4 stroke side of the forum on this. theres a hole mountain phazer section.

I have an 02' Viper with a 151 track kit on it along with many other mods. I bought an 07' Mtn. Phazer simply because I had to get my hands on a 4-stroke machine. The Mtn. Phazer is a super fun ride. Top end speeds are not there, but it actually does well in the powder, and the suspension is nice. I didn't realize how rough the Viper was to ride until I got the Phazer. Yes I will keep my Viper no doubt, but the Phazer is an excellent entry into the 4-stroke market for my riding taste.

My buddy went from a piped 99 MM 144" to a 07 Mtn lite Phazer. At times he wishes it had more power. However it handles way better then the MM.
We are mountain riders, but he dosn't have the urge to high mark everyone. So he says it's more fun to ride then the MM. To be honest, sometimes he amazes me where he can take that thing!

I went from the viper to the phazer, i cant even imagine going back on the viper. Unless you are looking for ultimate in high hp, you can't beat the phazer.

The Phazer is pretty torquey, even though its only 80 hp. I still think you would be a little bit disappointed with the power.
The Phazer is a great sled, but going from 115 hp to 80 hp is a pretty big drop.
I think youd be happier with an RS Vector MTX. It would have comparable topend power to your MM, but would have way more lowend torque.

The Vector and the MM are pretty closely matched. A guy I know has one of each. The only downside to comparing a Vector to the MM is that the Vector weighs more. To each his own I guess.

The Phazer MTX is so much fun to ride. If you don't ask it to do big sled stuff you won't be unhappy. I have 1 and it is such a ball to ride, nible, forgiving, and powder not a problem.

Back