track advice on mt. viper

jlebrun_05

hey guys, i have a 2004 viper mountain, basically stock, and would like some advice on a track upgrade. I just got back from the big horns and think i need a longer track. I am 6 foot 2, about 170 pounds, and i think the 144 isnt long enough, mostly because my buddies on revs could go higher than me. I was thinking about either a 156 or 159 track, and was just looking for some input as far as which would be better, and also if rail extensions will be strong enough to support that much more track. also, could i get by with the stock drivers, or do i need to look into extroverts? Another question is what kind of track do you guys recommend? My buddy with an m7 had the attack 20 on backwards, and that thing could really climb for only being a 141. Most of my riding is in the mountains, and i want my sled to do best in them conditions, because i rarely buzz down the trails back at home because we dont get enough snow. thanks for the input

IMO Tracks USA have the stongest extension
my sled ratchets BAD and I could not get it to stop I tighten the track SUPER TIGHT,
then it riped rite across in 2, after I jumped a driveway and landed (I think it was way too tight) I am installing a 144x16x2 track now with extroverts dont think you could go bigger with out them. CALL Bruce at CB Performance on the track he was cheepest on mine! ..SNAKBIT..

Avoid the attack 20, i have heard nothing but negative things. Go with a camo challenger and you will be happy. DEFINITELY so to anti-ratchets if you extend. I went 151 on my viper with the stock drivers and it ratcheted uncontrollably unless I had it so tight it didnt sag at all. It ended up eating my hyfax and into the rails. As far as strength, my 151 has had no issues so I would think you will be fine going a little bigger than that. Going to a 151 made a huge difference, definitely worth it.

My 2004 MNT Viper has a 156" track with rail extensions-but thats the way I bought it in Septemeber 2007. But mind you my motor is modded up and I run triple pipes. I would say put a set of triple pipes on your sled and with the 144" track, run the ATTAC system, you should do just fine. I remember when a 136" was considered a long track and it would get you high enough up the mountain. If not, just go with a 151"-keep your track speed up.

Extroverts may help.

Back