How to survive the snow less winter?

kimoaj

Hi guys!

I`m about to go crazy.. what is happening with the winter?.
Down south in my country they`ve had or have lot`s snow.. but up north there`s nothing.. has the whole world gone crazy?.

I thought I knew what bad karma was but this winter is about to kill me. The winter is worthless without the snow. It`s dark all the time and it sucks.
I`m getting desperate, sledding keeps my heart going through the winter and I think I need a freakin pacemaker.

The weather has been cold so the lakes are all frozen, so I started looking for some used icetires for my dirtbike, and it turned out one of my MSN friends had some lying around, so I got them fairly cheap but still expensive.. .
When I finally got them I spent 4 hours changing them, it must have been the 4 hardest/most frustrating hours of my life.. I thought I was good at changing tires but this was a new dimension for me.
If I were Hitler I`d torture people by letting them change tires on dirtbikes, ice tires.
I then rejetted my bike and headed for the lake, it was all dark but I had test the tires and man what a blast.
Here are some pictures from last weekend.

isenkx045Large.jpg

isenkx028Large.jpg

isenkx005Large.jpg

isenkx052Large.jpg

isenkx035Large.jpg

isenkx013Large.jpg

The rear tire has 285 6mm studs, grips real good.

I also got some chains for my play car, a Peugot 205.. this is also real fun.

isen079Large.jpg

isen056Large.jpg

And look , I even found some old skates.. .
isen017Large.jpg

Let us all hope that the ground will be white soon... and that it will stay white for the rest of the winter.

I miss posting picture threads from our trips in the mountains so I just had to post some pics.. .

Tormorrow we will be finishing a turbo-mounting on a Nytro mountain, will be fun to hear it run for the first time.
:)

Last edited:
That sucks you don't have any snow, years like that are hard to handle.

Looks like a lot of fun playing on the ice though! Should try to get the dealer you work for to put together some ice drags or something.

Hey, that would be a good excuse to take that turbo Nytro for a little "test ride". Put some ice cleats on & run it. Just to make sure everything is working ok of course.

Nice to here youi have somthing to pass the time by with. A while back I remember reading some of your posts and you had lots of snow and here in Maine in the U.S. were there should be tons of snow we havnt been able to ride. (Last year I put on 500 miles total.) This year we have probably had close to 6 feet of total snow if not more. We have lost some due to rain but overall its been fair to us. I guess its your trun to suffer, but when I had no snow I didnt have a fun dirt bike to mess around on the ice with. Anyway, hopfully youll get snow soon so we can all enjoy it together. BTW what ever happened to the srx you redesigned? You sell it or still have it.

Not bad at all....

Lol That Peugeot 205 That Is Funny I Had The Same Car But The Gti Version In Argentina Wow That Was Fun Back Then....those Are Amazing Cars......kawa Looks Like Great Bike....i Don't Think You Are Doing To Bad.....just Do The Snow Ritual And You Will Be Fine.....

Enjoy

Nick

Back