X-Games!!!!!

Eastern sorry...So that would be 3:30 and 8:45 central right?

The site gives all times in Mountain time Rnd 2 is at 2:30 mtn time and finals at 7:45 mtn time

so we got
Eastern- Round 2 @ 4:30 Finals @ 9:45
Central- Round 2 @ 3:30 Finals @ 8:45
Mountain- Round 2 @ 2:30 Finals @ 7:45

Should be everyone except the guys that went straight to main from the first round.

I thought Yuji was going to run in the xgames this year? All i see that Steve guy.

Looked pretty good that heat. 4 Second lead over Morgan :rofl: Love how the only sled you can hear is the 4 poke

Last edited:
I didnt get to watch the races, but I hear Taylor made the final. At least thats better than last year where Malinoski crashed out and Yuji didnt make the final.

Taylor had a very impressive run in the finals. finished 4th, ran up with 2nd and third almost all night. Was tapping DJ snowfalp for 3rd on the last 2 or 3 laps. I'd say as long as Hiibert doesn't come back full time, I could see a win in the future. Maxdlx

Hibbert will leave soon to go race supercross and he has said time and time again that supercross is what his main focus is (because he makes way more money as a nobody in supercross than he ever did as a legend in snocross).
Kudos to Yamaha. Its nice to see them running back up front again.

yeah, hibbert does have some skills as a rider.

I see some good battles between Levi and Taylor coming up.

Where was Yuji though?? I don't think he even raced at X games.

IMHO, yamaha needs a bigger guy to race the nytro. They did well with Malinoski being able to muscle it around the corners. These little guys have a huge disadvantage on 25 lap main events with a machine that weighs 30 lbs plus more than the 2 strokes. A bigger guy with more body strength than what is required on 2 strokes would really help in endurance of the rider. The beauty of the 4 stroke is that the Tq curve offsets the heavier rider weight better compared to a 2 stroke.

From what I understand, Yuji wasnt at the X-Games.
Im not so sure about Yamaha needing a bigger rider. Look at how well Taylor is doing compared to how well Malinoski did. Taylor seems to have better overall finishes than Malinoski did.
Also, the FX Nytro really isnt all that much heavier than the 2-strokes. Its something like 10-20 pounds heavier, but thats it.
If you go on the Yamaha blog, one of the posts about Duluth makes the comment that the Nytro isnt the lightest snocross sled, but it isnt the heaviest either.

taylor did awsome. i was there in person and the tv coverage didnt do him justice. he wasnt on djs snowflap for the like 3 laps they showed he was on it for more like 10 and on turcuots befor that. only way turcot got by either were slam and pass blocks. it worked out for him and i guess its all or nuttin at the X games but he seemed to ride a little dirty. i have some pics up on the 4stroke side of the heats and final.

Turcott races for Blair Morgan. In his hayday, Morgan was the dirtiest player in the game. He and Chris Vincent had their fair share of battles and when Morgan couldnt pass Vincent clean, he would just run into him and knock him out of the way.

Back