Question on Rabbitt Ears, CO

YooperMike

To all of you Colorado riders, or others that have enjoyed this area in the past, I have a few quick questions. Is Rabbitt Ears Pass accessible from the Steamboat area (direct trail by sled that is)? If not accessible directly by sled, how far of a drive is it from Steamboat to the pass? Are there general parking areas? How big of a riding area are we talking here, are there any off-limits wilderness areas? Is it meadows or all hill-climbing, both? The reason I ask, my friend has a time-share condo and says he can get a week in Steamboat for next to nothing and I know I've heard a few mention Rabbitt Ears on here before. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

YooperMike said:
To all of you Colorado riders, or others that have enjoyed this area in the past, I have a few quick questions. Is Rabbitt Ears Pass accessible from the Steamboat area (direct trail by sled that is)? If not accessible directly by sled, how far of a drive is it from Steamboat to the pass? Are there general parking areas? How big of a riding area are we talking here, are there any off-limits wilderness areas? Is it meadows or all hill-climbing, both? The reason I ask, my friend has a time-share condo and says he can get a week in Steamboat for next to nothing and I know I've heard a few mention Rabbit Ears on here before. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

You must drive to the ears, under an hour's drive from steamboat. all parking is on top and east side of pass (Steamboat is on west side). Very Very big area. You can ride both sides of pass. South West side has a cross country ski only area, well marked. Trails, meadows and Mountain climbing, not to be confused with hiill climbing. below is the site for groomers reports for all of Colorado.

PS: As I write it is snowing up there very heavy. 1-3 feet in some areas tonight.

http://65.124.153.24/merchant.ihtml?id=424&step=2

Last edited:

Back