Back from Maine. $$$ priceless!!

pipdviper

Well, we made the 800 mile haul back to Pa. yesterday. A great week with all the issues set aside! Let's just say Roger's service center in FT Kent knows me by name now!! Between just stopping in, buying gear (bibs) forgotten at home, 3 yes you read it right 3 belts!! I was in every day. I wasted 2 belts on the Viper (one was Yami and one was my Parts Unlimited (spare)) and flat spotted one on the wifes.....non Yamaha....... towing me back. How embarasing being towed back to town! I think I blew the belts on mine playing in the 6" of powder. Both were used belts. The new Yami belt I put on lasted the rest of the week. I also ended up rolling my sled and scattering parts on the trail ! The last day we were there it was 4 degrees with a wind chill of -24 f . Needless to say I ended up with frostbite on my neck. Between the sleds and the truck I spent $1000.00 in gas $600 for the room and who knows in parts. Reservations are already made for next year !! How do they say it...."trip to Maine....PRICELESS) C-YA next year !! If you have the chance don't think twice. Just get in the truck and drive !

Anyone that has the black air scoops and the dash the speedo mounts to let me know. I know I at least need these peices. I haven't even looked at the sled since it was loaded after the crash!!

I want to move to the NE !! If I could find a job I would be there tomorrow. Oh.... and the crash...... comes with the sport!

Howz the clutch alignment? You shouldn't be going through belts like that. Glad you didn't wreck yourself in the roll. NE is one of the places I need to experience too!

If you were staying in fort kent that was a big mistake. Only because some of the best riding starts in Millinocket. You could park you truck there and ride north on the sled. save some gas in your truck plus more time on machine. How were the trails? Pretty sick right? SUcks my father in law sold his vector and now Ive done hardly any riding because of it.

Allvipedup said:
Howz the clutch alignment? You shouldn't be going through belts like that. Glad you didn't wreck yourself in the roll. NE is one of the places I need to experience too!

Well, its like I was saying in the original. Both belts were at least 2 years old. The factory belt I blew I had since 2005. After I put the new Yami belt on we were good to go. The old ones couldn't take the combo of deep powder and pullung my wife's out 3 times. The NE is nothing short of AWESOME!!! We are looking for a place to buy up there. And the crash was just a crash......my own stupidity. Tried to slide the arse end around cause I don't have reverse and didn't think. 1- being on a groomed trail. 2- in the woods where the sun didn't soften the snow. 3- 266 studs. as soon as it went sideways the studs dug in and chucked, or should I say SLAMMED me !! So it was my own stupidity that caused the crash.

YAMAHIZAL700 said:
If you were staying in fort kent that was a big mistake. Only because some of the best riding starts in Millinocket. You could park you truck there and ride north on the sled. save some gas in your truck plus more time on machine. How were the trails? Pretty sick right? SUcks my father in law sold his vector and now Ive done hardly any riding because of it.

sheomet, We stayed at the Northern Door Motel in Kent.
yamahizal I would be all over that as far as staying in Millnocket and riding to the north but its getting the wife to do it. We stayed in Kent once now thats where she wants to stay. As long as she is (happy) ......... ok with the trip I just stay the extra 3 hours north to make her happy! As far as gas goes, I figured out milage... my sled gets 6.883 miles to a gallon and the truck gets 7 towing. So not even figuring in the extra gas for her sled I actually saved a tad of cash !!

YAMAHIZAL700 said:
I've been riding from Millinocket every weekend, it's great because it's only 1 hour north of me. Riding has been awesome, have ridden about 1000 miles up there with only about 30 miles of rough trails up near Ashland.

pipdviper said:
sheomet, We stayed at the Northern Door Motel in Kent.
yamahizal I would be all over that as far as staying in Millnocket and riding to the north but its getting the wife to do it. We stayed in Kent once now thats where she wants to stay. As long as she is (happy) ......... ok with the trip I just stay the extra 3 hours north to make her happy! As far as gas goes, I figured out milage... my sled gets 6.883 miles to a gallon and the truck gets 7 towing. So not even figuring in the extra gas for her sled I actually saved a tad of cash !!
Lmao!! :winterrul

glad you had a good time!(except the self inflicted abuse) MAINE... THE WAY LIFE SHOULD BE! ENOUGH SAID! might want to check out the forks as well sometime. western side of the state, it is awesome!

you should check out pittsburg nh, GREAT riding up there as well :) and a LOT of places for sale :( and :)

Why you selling BE? Give me some details....... I need at least 3 bedrooms. I wish we could've hooked up and hit the trails while we were up. I am really bummed that I missed the ride.

And 03viperguy, I am planning to do a trip to Pittsburg this year. I think I can be there in like 8 hours or so.

Allvipedup said:

Ditto, My Bender tripled Viper has been on the same belt since......heck, who knows! A fresh 8DN should last you a loooooong time.

Gosh, how could you want to leave PA and it's elaborate network of finely groomed trails? :rofl:

Pittsburg will be over 8 hrs. We did Amherst in around 8 back in October when we picked up for my wifes Viper.

Jonestown Pa near Hershey. Zip is 17038. Some guys from work are planning a trip to potter this weekend They should have enough to put on some miles. Depending on what happens tonight and Friday. Its not Maine but it's miles !!!

Back