09 polaris models released just now....

how about the 09 assault 800. yummy.

I wonder why you can't find a 700 in their lineup. It seems they are either 600, 600 cleanfire, or 800 cleanfire, and of course turbo 4 strokers. did I miss the 700's? I looked very quickly while at work. busy friday....

They didn't sell very many of them and there's still leftovers from last year. Not many want to spend $10K on a carbed 600. Just like the 2004 Pro-XR 800 and 2007 Ski-Doo XRS 800, one year wonders. I'm not surprised they're not making them for 2009.

yeah but if it wasn't for Tucker Hibbert the 600RR would have taken every race this year. I kinda like them. I've only seen one here in CNY that's why I was gonna look at one.

They are not the same sled. The chassis is the same but the motor is not the same. Not to mention there's a very small percentage of people that actually will use the race chassis to it's potential.

If you are mostly a trail rider this is not the sled for you. They are not made to ride 200 miles of trails in a day. It would be brutal to ride that sled on trails in below zero temps all day IMO.

Don't get me wrong I would love to have one for banging the ditches around here and some trail riding in the Black Hills. If we were to go riding in the Black Hills and the temps were below 10 degrees I wouldn't even take it off the trailer, I would ride my Pro-X.

Last edited:
shortstop20 said:
They are not the same sled. The chassis is the same but the motor is not the same. Not to mention there's a very small percentage of people that actually will use the race chassis to it's potential.

If you are mostly a trail rider this is not the sled for you. They are not made to ride 200 miles of trails in a day. It would be brutal to ride that sled on trails in below zero temps all day IMO.

Don't get me wrong I would love to have one for banging the ditches around here and some trail riding in the Black Hills. If we were to go riding in the Black Hills and the temps were below 10 degrees I wouldn't even take it off the trailer, I would ride my Pro-X.

Same here.

I liken the RR to a standup Jet ski. Fun to screw around on, but you wouldn't take one for a 20 mile trip up the river when you could use a sit down.

hmm, only one 700, and thats in an RMK. wierd. That 800 better pan out because the 700 is very reliable. I seriously doubt Poalris would gamble like that after the 900 fiasco.

Back