going with an arctic cat

jr_amsoil

only for a weekend, lol

going to the mountains, and i'm gonna ride my brothers backup mtn cat 800. figured it goes through the deep better than my lil short track. might be a bad deal if i end up liking it. should be fun though. i'm thinking i might need to bring a yami for a back up though.

puke1.png
puke2.png
:rofl:

cacsrx1 said:
Buy mine, I gaurentee it will do EVERYTHING better than an 800 Mt cat.
i'm sure you right. im gonna do the long tracking this summer to mine. i just want to ride a sled in the big horns that wont trench so damn bad all over. sounds like they got real good snow there now, 3 foot this week.

Roost 'Er said:
Aint nothing wrong with a cat, that 800 is a low rpm motor but should have lots of torque for ya.... good set-up

I've got a ZR900 and I can verify that the 800/900's will pull your arms out of thier sockets. They don't feel real heavy off trail either. I can also verify that after every ride (for me so far) that you will be in the garage with your wrenches out.

Tom

ViperTom said:
I've got a ZR900 and I can verify that the 800/900's will pull your arms out of thier sockets. They don't feel real heavy off trail either. I can also verify that after every ride (for me so far) that you will be in the garage with your wrenches out.

Tom

i wouldn't own but i will ride it. they do have good torque out of the hole.

ViperTom said:

Tom

still have your viper, or did you decide to risk it and try something new :)

03viperguy said:
still have your viper, or did you decide to risk it and try something new :)

I sold the Viper after it was T-boned last year. I got a deal that was to good to pass up on the ZR so I thought I would give it a try. Worst case scenario I can sell it for more than I paid for it next season. The power is crazy on it... I can lift the skis 12" when I punch it at 75. The only bad thing it that the clutching is WAY off. We'll see what happens.

Tom

my neighbor has one. its fast, and so far in 4000 miles he has just bought an entire new clutch, rebuilt the motor (some work done at the same time) and rebuilt the entire rear skid. just won at a radar run recently, but he has had to keep up with the work on it it seems. I always like the thing untill he says what he has just done to it. thing goes great and looks awesome though :) good luck with it, they are a neat sled!

Back