Grand Marais 500 Miler

SledderSteve

VIP Member
Just a little warmup for the first Muni TY ride.

http://www.sno-trails.net/GM500Miler.htm Jan 13 - 15th

My Doo Riding partner and I've got a room booked at the North Shore Lodge on the 12th & 13th http://www.exploringthenorth.com/welkers/resort.html where we plan on signing up early for the 500 miler on the 13th, get'r done in 15 or 18 hrs. then slam beers at the Lake Shore Brewery after the ride.

We'll make our way to Muni on the 14th for the TY ride where we're booked into the Best Western for the nights of the 14th and 15th.

The North Shore Lodge had plenty of rooms when I booked yesterday, it would be nice to have some more TY representation as long as we're in the area anyway.

I know Tom, read Steve's post we will be in Muni on Friday ... still able to go to the muni ride!

Don't worry we will be there! I know you would miss us dearly! :rocks:

You should come up and do it too! Sissy!

Every days a good day up there as long as you stay off the #$%&* trails!

Bob ... last 500 miles ... LOL It would be one way to put that new yami suspension to the test! ;)! Or one way for Bob to say take me to the
Doo dealer! LMAO

500 miles in 24 hours is a lot ... maybe I didn't really think about it before I said I would do it! :ORC Still sounds like fun and with Steve (the guy who packs every thing on his sled) there is no stopping us! :rockon:

Gina,

We'd love to have you and Rick partner with us for the ride. Wimpy girl? Nice try but you're anything but a wimp when it comes to riding.;)!

Yes, it's a lot of miles but nothing we haven't done before and it really isn't too big of a deal if the route is planned right. One season we did a 500 mile ride in 18hrs. with the last 50 miles spent limping Bruce's 670 back to the motel with a blown track. The next day we changed the track in the parking lot then rode another 325 miles. (Mid-week trails)

This one needs to be done as soon as possible on Thursday before the trails get too beat which is why we booked into the starting point motel on Wednesday night. We can even plan the route so we meet up with Tom to ride part of the way so he doesn't pout. ;)

Then on Friday and Saturday we can all do some real riding off trail to make the adventure complete.

:WayCool:

Did someone say red bull??

Speaking of Red Bull I am going to see Kyle tomorrow .. I will mention this to him! :beer:

Steve, will we be alright getting reservations if we wait for a month or so to book?

This means we will have to cancel our reservations at Alger too! Since they require a 3 night min on weekend! :o|

Gina,

Gvie my best to Kyle, I hope he can make one or more of the TY rides. :rockon:

As for booking at the North Shore Lodge, I figured it would book up early since it's the starting point. Give them a call and check the cancellation policy. Bummer about the Alger, maybe Dan and Brenda will cut you some slack since you're part of Tom's group. :flag:

Rick's unsure ...

Steve - Rick won't say forsure about the 500 miler! You know guys ... they never can make up their mind! :o| You will have to give him some crap about it next time you see him!

Alger won't cut any slack ... we can always cancel and stay some place else if we have to. Rick mentioned just keeping the Alger room for Thursday night too ... then we don't have to worry about hurting Tom's feelings for not staying with him at Alger! Can't piss off the webmaster! :rocks: :Moon:

Gina

Back