mmmm?

andy bone

How goes my distant and like-minded friends?

What a forum!
I have been riding and crashing tys for over a decade now and own an 80, 175 and now i have moved up to a pinky. i have had the pinky now for a couple of years and i am getting quite good at handling it ( even if i do say so myself ), however it has devolved a problem that i can`t quite seem to get to the bottom of.
I live in the North West Highlands of Scotland and have numerous amounts of hills and Munro's on my doorstep to play on, however i have developed a problem that happens almost always when i descend from a hill and use alot of gear braking for a few minutes the bike dies on my and coughs and splutters. On occasion i can catch it before it stalls by dipping the clutch and and revving the engine until it finally catches and comes back to life again. It seems to happen when i have reached the flat and a pull away up through the gears and when i hit 4rth of 5th it coughs and splutters and backfires and stalls, often regardless if i dip my clutch and try to catch it on the thottle it just dies and no amount of kicking will get it going. It has to go on the trailer and off to the Strome hill for a steep tarmacked bump start often taking 100-200 meters of coughing and spluttering before it slowly comes to life. After which she`s back to normal, pulling like a train and starting from the kickstart whenever i have to.
It does not matter if i leave the bike overnight after she dies on me and try it in the morning i still have to bump it down the steepest hill in the area when i want to start her and as i said before she`s not happy to go and takes a fair bit of persuading.
I am reluctant to take her out to the hill these days as i have pushed her for miles and miles and my smaller 175 doesn`t really do it for me any more as i find it a bit under powered for me (i`m 6foot 3 and 14 stone)

Can anyone help me?

Andy Bone.

Back