Put em away!

yammiman

Got the "Old Girls" all cleaned up and put away this weekend - took some elbow grease, but they came out pretty good - U.P. riding this past season was probably the best I've ever seen it and we have been riding up there for almost 10 years now - did a little over 2000 miles and had some great times - might be on a 4 stroke next year, but I'll probably never part with my SRX's!! ;)!

Attachments

• DSC00759.JPG
    DSC00759.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC00760.JPG
    DSC00760.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC00761.JPG
    DSC00761.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 44

The 01 has the ZX2 suspension, Rox treads, six pitch 1-1/4" track, and Simmons ski's - going to upgrade the front shocks and clutch it for next year - that sled started the season off with only 150 miles!! - the 02 has long travel suspension front and rear, oversized wheels, transfer rods, Ripsaw track, Rox treads, Heavy Hitter clutch, Simmons ski's, and a Hauck can - going to put a ZX2 under it next year and tweak the clutch a little - they run neck and neck until you get to the century mark, then the 02 creeps away - with 50/50 pump/race fuel, the 02 will bury the speedo - then to top it all off, you have that awesome triple sound!!! - these will always be my favorite sleds!!

Nothing better than cleaning up the iron and setting and staring at them at the end of the season, then reality hits! Shit! I half to wait 7-8 months to ride them again. Damn nice sleds man.

Keep your SRX.. drive some 4stroke before you plunk down the cash. I wish I had kept my Viper and revalved the shocks. I'm sled less now.

Had mine put away on April 14th. Then we got the short track and a viper out to ride on May 10th. Now they are all back in there.

Attachments

• IMG_0543.jpg
    IMG_0543.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 5
I cleaned up my rx1 and srx, sat and stared at them for a while and drank a beer and
admired them. then i couldnt help it, I rode both of them around the barn in the grass and loved every second of it!!!! Those are two very nice srx's, do not get ride of them!

Thanks for all of the compliments guys - I think the sleds are "classics" and I won't be parting with them anytime soon!! ;)!

Back