05 Yamaha mountain skis?

Have not done that yet, but they look alot like the SLP Powder pros, what do you think, hopefully I will have one to measure in a few days :rockon:

I was thinking the same thing. Very similiar to Powder Pro's with some difference's in loop mounting design. A friend has Powder Pro's on his 900 1M and likes them even better then the Simmon's he had on before.
I checked Yamaha's web site, the price isn't to bad $99.95 ea. for the bottoms, and it looks like you can reuse the loop off a stock Viper ski.

I have Simmon's on mine now, and really like'm. However if the new mountain ski work's just as well and are lighter, might be worth giving them a try.

Last edited:
Mtnviper said:
I was thinking the same thing. Very similiar to Powder Pro's with some difference's in loop mounting design. A friend has Powder Pro's on his 900 1M and likes them even better then the Simmon's he had on before.
I checked Yamaha's web site, the price isn't to bad $99.95 ea. for the bottoms, and it looks like you can reuse the loop off a stock Viper ski.

I have Simmon's on mine now, and really like'm. However if the new mountain ski work's just as well and are lighter, might be worth giving them a try.
Got a link on where I can see them??

There wide mothers! ;)!
New!! Mountain skis are wider to increase floatation and maneuverability. • Ski width now exceeds 7" - a full 2" wider than previous ski - for greater
floatation.
I have Simmons on mine now. Maybe I can borrow a set of the new ones and give them a tryout this winter.

I'd be curious to see how they stack up against Simmons as well. I have Simmons on mine also, and they are a big improvement over the stock ski. I was at the snow show today looking for 05 Yamaha's, to check out the ski's. But no 05 Yamaha's were to be found. :o|

Some dealers around here are delivering some sold Mountain Vectors, the skis look massive like you say about 7" wide. The profile resembles the stock Viper ski with a tall keel and then transitions to the wider sides for flotation. The things look real heavy but they maybe ok. Simmons are hard to beat.

LoneViper said:
Some dealers around here are delivering some sold Mountain Vectors, the skis look massive like you say about 7" wide. The profile resembles the stock Viper ski with a tall keel and then transitions to the wider sides for flotation. The things look real heavy but they maybe ok. Simmons are hard to beat.

YIKES! I cannot imagine them being as heavy as our Simmons.

I looked at a set of the new ski's on the shelf of our dealer, they are definately light. Lighter than the Simmons for sure and possibly the older stock too.

Simmons weigh in at 9 pounds W/carbides and mounts. Stock 02 Viper ski's (which really suck in deep snow) are 7 pounds W/carbides.

According to the sales brochure the skis take 2 pounds off the front end vs 2004 model Rx1 so that should put them at 6 pounds a piece

Back