Looking for a cabin in the UP to rent...

Been there....it's the same as home-away. I actually used homeaway last year but they don't have anything around TL and i think one in Newberry but it's not big enough for my group.

Bringing this back up. Last year we stayed at Ellis's in Trout Lake. Nice place. Looking for more options. I don't think we do the same place/town two years in a row. So any new suggestions? Not much on Homeaway. There's got to be tons of places up there that people would want to rent (I'd think) given the economy.

Try these guys just south of Munising. Stayed there 2 years ago in a 4-bedroom house they have on the grounds. They also have a 3 bedroom next to the 4.

Trail is a short legal road ride north of the lodge. If you know Munising area this place is not far from the Buckhorn.

http://www.whitefawn.com/

dnale said:
Bringing this back up. Last year we stayed at Ellis's in Trout Lake. Nice place. Looking for more options. I don't think we do the same place/town two years in a row. So any new suggestions? Not much on Homeaway. There's got to be tons of places up there that people would want to rent (I'd think) given the economy.

Seems to me Pat at Strongs Corner has a house for tent on the North East corner of M28. A bit East of your desired Trout Lake but on the trail. Doesn't Peggy have rooms above the bar at the Trout Lake Inn? If shes even still there...

How about Eckerman or Hulbert or further South like Breevort?

I'm not set on Trout Lake. We were in Au Train a few years ago and that made the drive home on Saturday a long one to get down state after dropping off sleds in Waters. So something about an hour to 90 minutes from the Bridge. We were in Curtis before that and that's been brought up again. We know we'd probably have to trailer out from there as Curtis gets a little thin. Snow and trails is what we need....

Back