Hauck Snake Bite Kit

MUFDVR

I just oredred this kit. I am on a budget this year with a new addition to the family, and other things I should consider? I know I should do something different with the clutch rather than just change two springs. Although I ran this same kit in 2002 and loved it. They say the pipes are not as lound but in 2002 I thought the pipes were fine. I just want to make a simple reliable kit that I can run in Canada work.

I just bought an 02 as well, what does the Hauck kit come with, and about how much. I know it will be pretty fast stock, but I want to show some of my buddies the taillights this winter.

Jeff

You can go to Hauckpowersportsinc.com and it gives you all the details. Also Jeff Simons who actually makes the pipes can set you up as well. The Hauck kit is $900. Basically its 30 hp in a box. :rockon:

the snake bite kit really brings the viper to life...i installed it last year on my 04 viper s. as for the noise...i havent had a problem...(sounds awsome.)... but my buddy did get a find here in canada for a modified exaust system..(have you ever heard something that stupid.) i will never take the pipes off....the kit is really easy to install..and the power is noticeably increased...
the clutch set up they send you isnt too far off...even if its only the 2 springs. the only mod i need now is a stud kit. change the front drive is ok...but i want to talk to someone who has it already....all we need now is snow.... :WayCool:

I did the kit in 2002 on a New Viper. Time has past and i'm going to do the kit again and wanted to see if someone has found something better. I loved the kit for the 3k i rode it. I think there is a better clutch setup. JJViper are you running another heat exchanger?

I went to the website, and all I see is how to contact them by phone or e-mail.
Also I assume that the $900 is USD, how does this kit compare to the AAEN exhaust for $749?

Jeff

You should be able to get in. If you go to snowmobile, and then Viper. The kit includes pipes, torque arm, cool head gasket, jetting, and a clutch setup. Its a bargain for $900.00. Maybe i gave you the wrong address. Just search Hauck Powersports

I heard Hauck may be switching from CRP to Aean pipes this year.

JJViper,
Does you DCS go on at all? What is your carb settings?

They have already done that. They say its the same HP but its a little bit quieter and very easy to install. Looks nice too :WayCool:

yes...at first the dcs was flashing....even shut me down a couple times.....
i talked to titus..at hauck..he recomended taking the origional head gasket..and take it apart....use the rubber part under the supercool gasket...that must haved worked....it only flashes at wide open ...on a lake around 2 or 3 miles....just a warning flash....i have it jetted at 150...right across.....i still might play with it....i like the dcs..when it workes right.....i checked my plugs....cant get much better....its the best kit i ever got...right out of a box..got to love it.. :rockon:

i forgot to say...i didnt do anything except the super cool head gasket...the 04 viper has a rear heat exchanger....other than that it runs awsome..and even warm days...it doesnt run hot... :WayCool:

I had the same experience in 2002 with the hauck kit. It was a true bolt on kit. No farting around. Back in 02 the bender pipes were having a lot of issues with overheating. I raced a couple of guys with bender pipes and destroyed them. That is why im doing the same kit again. At the time I could have sent my haed to them or take away some compression with the thicker head gasket. I chose the head gasket. I drag raced everything under the sun and never saw my heat light with no rear exchanger. The sled could idle for 2-3 minutes, i'd hop on and punch it with no hesitation. The kit was bullet proof. I hope it works out the same for round 2. I should be able to put it all together this weekend. I'll have $4900.00 into a mint 2002 Viper with 150 or so hp. :rockon:

Back