What should a stock viper run at?

I'm running around 8600 stock out of the box... What the cheapest way to set the clutches to rip ?

Troy

Troy, to lower your RPM's to 8400, you should add heavier rivets to your clutch weights. Im sure somebody can provide more specific information on which rivets to use to do this.

if stock viper tach is off 200 rpm on the top, it would need to be clutched at 8600? anybody out there with egt's notice a discrepency between tach readings, i've read this but can't recall where.

some of the higher end ex. "racepak" gauges have a tach built into them and are reading different on top then say a stock tach.

I run a digital tach and it shows nearly identical to the stocker but I thought the correct rpm was 8500???

Bruce from Pioneer told me it should run at 8400. I can definetly tell you mine over revving. I can tell from my experience. It just doesn't seem to accelerate like it should. My buddies 600EFi cat runs the same speed as my stock viper. I am hearing about people wiping stock f-7s and shit. I got thinking something must be wrong with my Viper. I am tryting to figure out the best way to set it up without going to the triple pipes. That we be next winter. :rockon:

i dont know about wiping f7's with a stock viper, but from what i've learned is you want to hit at least 8400 no more than 8500 off the back. long runs your rpm should climb a little past this once fully shitfed out in good conditions.

Last edited:
There is no way a stock viper can beaet a f-7,the guys i ride with have both,and in the trails I wipe a f-7 but not in a drag race there is no hope for that one,unless the viper is trippled.

Back