inviter backfiring

lowridin

runs sometimes decently well then sometimes excessive backfiring thru the carb until it dies

sounds like a bad coil or broken/bent key for the flywheel. i would check all the resistances 1st before taking the flywheel off myself. cleaning the grounds might solve it too.

any links or info as to what the resistances are on everything so i can check them out before i pull the flywheel?

never owned one of those so i do not have a manual for the specs sry. someone on here should have them.

there was another site member who was asking questions on one within the last month if i remeber right. might want to pm him and ask him to measure his. dealer shoud have specs as well. ask at the service counter if you can see the manual for that sled, the dealer one i mean.

do u know that members name? there is no dealers around here that will let me view it.

sry i do not remeber it but i think i responded to him so you might find it by searching posts with my screen name in them. i think it was either in the general forumn or in vintage to narrow it down some.

did a pressure test today, holds 6lbs for 6 minutes. carb is clean. new plug, cut the wire and shorten it half an inch then screwed the cap on. still back fires. and bogs then dies out.. any info on the primary and secondary resistance for the coil??

Back