Heel Clicker

exploding belt

hey turk and everyone else. What differance does it make which weight you have when your belt explodes and the primary slams shut?

Dano, Thanks for the info. How many miles did you have on those weights ? Again, this problem is news to me and I think I might need to change my clutching strategy to a different manufacturer.

Thanks again !

Well I sure got alot of feed back on this post. I guess I should of mentioned that this kit is 40-10Y direct fit. Maybe now I can get answer for my original question.

Charles

Charles, I had to remove a little bit of material from the clutch when I installed my 40-10Y's. Depends on the casting. A little, I mean a few thousanths of material to get the proper clearance. I didn't grind anything, just a matter of using a flat file to remove the material so that you keep a flat surface.
I was advised to use the red spring for the weights setup that I used.
5.3 heel, 3.3 middle, 4.3 tip. This engages at about 4200 and pulls right to 8400 ~ 8500. But I am running this on an 01 SRX.
As far as which setup to use, the clutching chart on the tech page is what I looked through to get an idea of what to run, along with talking to the people that posted their clutch setups.

HTH

Last edited:
srx70024 said:
Dano, Thanks for the info. How many miles did you have on those weights ? Again, this problem is news to me and I think I might need to change my clutching strategy to a different manufacturer.

Thanks again !

I had approx 1300 miles on those weights. I did find that I had to tinker with the weights to get the clutch heat down while running a white spring. I also tested the weights for clearance and seemed ok. Still to this day I don’t know what happened first, weather it was the weight or belt that let go first. I’ve blown many belts in the past and never had a weight come apart like that before so take it for what its worth. If you look at the break closely, you can see different colours in the break so maybe that particular weight was defective. Still a good performing weight though.

How is the shifting gonna be pulling out of the corners with the viper 40-10 HC, will i have good response or will it dog till the rpm's get up?

aaronstarke said:
How is the shifting gonna be pulling out of the corners with the viper 40-10 HC, will i have good response or will it dog till the rpm's get up?

Not sure on Viper setups for the HCs, but the weight and stiff spring combos provide quick throttle responses compared to stock configurations.

Back