help with srx airbox

diggerdeep

bought a 2000 700 srx week ago the air box looks like it should have two vertical shelves in it dividing the three carb holes apart also there is six 3/8 holes drilled in the bottom of the box should those holes be there and should those shelves be in there also can you buy airbox parts any information you guys can offer me would be a great help thanks digger

Digger,
The holes in the bottom of the box should definetely not be there,as for the verticle shelves I dont run mine but I also have a cold air kit and modified jetting.I dont know if stock jetting require them or not.You could try to buy one on the buy and sell on this site
Styles

the holes should be in there, they are to let any snow that melts or other moisture to excape. they are also for the oil that spits back to run out instead of puddling up.

the dividers were in the air box for the first 2 year on the srx 700 and 600 i know for sure, later years these were not there. they kept the grooves for later use if they needed them.

hope this helps

My '01 does not have them. I bought the sled used from the original owner but it only had about 700 miles on it. I'm completely stock (at this point) and have not had any issues with the missing separators. Yes, there should be several holes in the bottom. They should also be smooth cause they came from the factory. If they are rough, they may have been added ...

Question for everyone ... I am contemplating some "pod" style air filters for this '01 SRX. I expect snappier throttle response and possibly a little more power. Also have purchased Denso Iridium plugs for this sled. Discussions with the retailer indicated that re-jetting would probably not be necessary. Does anyone have any opinions on this?

unless your grass dragging dont waste your money on the pods ....

Snow only... Ummmm .... Am I hearing it would be better to leave the stock airbox or to remove the airbox completely? The pods won't help? Howabout K&N?

Thanks!

same thing, dont get K&N they wont do anything either and are impossible to tune in. I have also heard that they slow down throttle responce a little. Just stick with the stock airbox, you are better off, I might drill another hole in my airbox to get a little more air in my engine because my plugs came out dark running 146.7 for 2 cylinders and 145 in the other. I leane them down a little and they are still black so I might drill another hole in my airbox for more airflow but you do not want to change the airbox, it is best left alone.

hey 2000 srx , heve you checked out the tpi valve ??? sweet idea , sounds like it would fit your application perfect, and there pretty cheap .. $15.00 bucks ...you can check them out at thunder products web site ..

Back