Who's Running Pipes On There Viper?

MUFDVR

Also what kind? I had the cpr pipes and now am giving Aaen pipes a try. I hope they work out as good as the Simon CPR pipes did. I'f there is anyone running the Aean pipes any feedback would be nice.

i ran aaen's on my '97 SX 700, but they are actually very similar in design. I liked them a lot actually, they were very consistent, not quite as much power as the others but i made that up with clutching. They have a great tone to them that sounds VERY DIFFERENT from the others, you can always tell when its Aaen's under the hood. Also really light and clean under the hood. Easy to tune with as well. Now i'm running CPR's on my '01, hopefully they make me as happy! ;)!

i just got a set of slp's on recomendation of several ty'ers. they are easy to install and fit excellent. as soon as the tunnel exten portion of this project arrives and is installed, i will be taking my sled to the dyno for clutching numbers. i'll keep you posted. i also added megapower billet heads for better combustion and cooling of the cylinders. ski

Had Benders, switched to CPR's, Benders were good, but I like the CPR's better (and 9100 rpm sounds real cool)! Anbody running Speedwerx?

speedwerx

I had a few sets of speedwerx they were awsome after a few runs or while trail riding made sweet horsepower at 8950-9100 rpm but took to long to build heat in the pipes for drag racing or watercross although they do seem to work well on my bikeman 800 viper see fetured race team for some pics in action

I ordered these from Hauck and thought they were the CPR pipes like on my last 02 Viper I had and there Aaen pipes. They swear that I will get the same results. They also say they fit better and are quiter. We will see. Titus talked me out of sending them back. They better work. I found a dyno online of a few different pipes on line, and the slp pipes had 146hp at 8800 rpms, speedwerx had 142hp at 8700 rpms bender was at 144 at 8700 rpms and Aaen was at 140hp at 9200 rpms. I don't know how accurate this is but time will tell.

pipes

I'm running CPRs pipes just had them coated love the sound and the power still having problems getting it clutched though

No complaints with the CPR'S!! Good power, sound great. The only issue I had was the pipe that lays over the left hand shock tower cracked slightly around the support flange, I detected the leak & welded the crack.

Overall very satisfied. I still think my 00 SRX has a little more low end grunt but mid range & top end are very close with the Viper pulling the SRX slightly on top.

Codeblue,
Do you have an engine torque limiter? If not Pioneer has got the good one for forty bucks. I wouldn't even mess with it till you hold the motor down. I had problems.

yes I installed the limiter last season it wouldn't rev to 9100 with the heavy hitter kit from Jeff so I had to take some weight off the tips

Heavy Hitters

codeblue - I have the Heavy Hitters from Jeff as well and they pull dead nuts at 9100. What do you have for weight distribution in your primary weights? Should have 1/2" allen in the base, 7/16" steel bolt w/ thick steel washer in the middle and the tip empty. Secondary wrapped to 6-2 w/ silver spring & stock helix.

Last edited:
I have only the allen screw in had to take everything else out to get 9100 I beleve the secondary is at 6-2 with the spring jeff gives you with the kit

Alignment?

Have you checked your clutch alignment and cleaned/rebuilt your clutches? Actually, dirty or binding clutches would probably induce an overrev but would be worth looking at either way. How does your primary spring look? A weak or broken primary spring would cause low operating rpms. Also should check your engine mounts. I had a broken engine mount bolt that had me chasing my clutching all over until I figured it out. If it's not any of the above I'd say you're down on power for some reason. If you got the kit from Jeff with all the correct springs set up for a piped Viper you should definitely be able to pull some weight in the middle hole.

clutch alignment was the 1st thing I did and I don't see any broken motor mount bolts I had the cylinders off this summer everything looks fine and the compresson was right on ? I had the cylinders ported this summer so I'll see whats up this year as soon as the snow flys I plan on putting the weight back in the middle hole to start

Back