Parking Brake Cable ?

alces1

Have a 99 SRX700 the parking brake cable some how came loose. I have looked at the exploded parts view at length and have looked at the brake assembly at length. The expoloded niew has the cable running near the brake cable clamp on the oil resevoir and then it just hangs there. Even looking on that side I see no where to attatch. I can still not find where to re-attatch the cable to the brake. Am i missing something? Can anyone help? Thanks!

Yes it has a threaded tube ~ 2inches long with a moveable nut and a fixed one closest to the brake lever.

Look for two brake shoe armatures (brake shoes are mounted on these),...
You should find a female end to that threaded tube on the break shoe armature (unless it's fallen off). The other brake shoe armature "takes up the cable through a pin.

I have found nothing remotely resembling any place to attatch this thing. Any idea what side it it on? Is it visible without removal of coolant resevoir? Thanks! This is drivin me NUTS!!!

Sharpy, y did you remove it? Hows the job search going? Found an 01 SRX for $2500 with 1400 miles up your way picking it up this week. Anything else I need to know about the sled??

sorry, i forgot too tell ya bout that......i messed it up when i changed the track.....i found no use for it anyhooo..........sorry bout that. yu may want to change the chaincase oil in it......all i had on hand was some hypoid gear oil at the time i had her all apart..........again plz acceept my apollogy

Last edited:

Back