hard wiring GPS

H.2.O.

I have a 2001 sxr600 no battery was wondering if I could hook it up stright to the sled,,,,maybe something off the spark plugs or the head light. would I have enough power to run a gps and keep it powered up all day???

any thoughts anybody done this on a sled that does not have a battery.

Yes, there are several threads. I believe you can tap into the blue wire going into the headlight switch. That gives you constant 12v dc. Hardwire a cigarette/power port and use your car adapter.

thanks will look for the wires.....sound easy enough tap into the head light wires,,,,,, noth ing is ever that easy????

Oh and I'll add that you will still likely need the 12v cig. adapter. Many of the GPS's run on 3 VDC and that cig. plug has the reducing circuit inside.

I knew I followed a write-up from here. Blue, brown, tomato, potato... I love mine being wired. I take the adapter from my car and no worries on the battery lasting.

Thanks for all the help......
I found the brown wire that I think is for reverse(if I had it). I used this wire which is located on the right side just under the pull cored and tucked right beside the frame. did some test and it works fine. rewired my visor plug and my NEW gps wires.

mounted my GPS on the dash on the right side just beside the gauge.

looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Back