Hyfax replacement on Viper!

Viper-Rules!

I have an 03 viper and was wondering what is an easy way to change the slides, without taking out rear suspension. The slides won't fit through the track windows on the 03 models. I was thinking maybe I could remove the front plastic holder and slide it in from the top some how? Any idea's. Thanks

Hyfax

If you try really hard they'll probably come out the track windows you just have to force them a bit. I have a 9830 Camo on my Viper and at first glance it doesn't look like they'll fit but that rubber is pretty pliable. If that won't work for you then you can always peel the old ones off by getting a couple of screwdrivers under the outside lip of your hyfax and just twist them off that way. You still need to slide the new ones on through your track windows but sometime the peel off method works well for removing stubborn old slides.

you can cut one window open ever so slightly too, to get the needed clearance. that is what i have to do to the doo tracks. take about 1/8" off each side of the opening and pull them through. ski

I have a 03 and the hyfax do fit through the windows,you just need keeep pulling the widow will expand.

Viper-Rules! said:
I have an 03 viper and was wondering what is an easy way to change the slides, without taking out rear suspension. The slides won't fit through the track windows on the 03 models. I was thinking maybe I could remove the front plastic holder and slide it in from the top some how? Any idea's. Thanks

They will fit through once you start driving them out, a little WD40 or simular lube in the window helps em slip through the hole! (Wow that could be taken wrong #$%&* )

I have actually knocked the corners off new slides to help on future removal but thats not even really needed.

Back