Oil Leaking from Tach Cable on my Phazer

timber cruiser

I've got 2 phazers, a 1990 and a 1993, and both started to leak oil out where the tach cable mount to the base of the engine near the oil pump.

After tightening the cable nut to the threaded mount it still leaks. Is there supposed to be an o-ring or some sort of gasket in here to stop the leakage?

I have a 1990 phazer and changed the 93104-06033-00 seal multiple times and still have the leak from the rpm cable what else could it be?

Kricket, I have a phazer where the Tach cable only seems to leak when I store it with the back end lifted too high -- are you storing it like this?

Kricket, I have a phazer where the Tach cable only seems to leak when I store it with the back end lifted too high -- are you storing it like this?
I have it stored but not lifted it does it all the time. Just had too do a top end rebuild because of it

I have it stored but not lifted it does it all the time. Just had too do a top end rebuild because of it
Sounds like a pretty bad leak, hope you get it sorted. Did it just run out of oil or it's was just not getting enough oil in the mixture?

I've got my own slight Phazer dilemna the fuel line inside my Phazer's tank is toast, can't find a replacement part and I don't even know the measurements of the fuel line to replace it because the existing one is in such bad shape. You don't happen to know the dimensions of this line do you? The one that connects to the fuel filter.

Sounds like a pretty bad leak, hope you get it sorted. Did it just run out of oil or it's was just not getting enough oil in the mixture?

I've got my own slight Phazer dilemna the fuel line inside my Phazer's tank is toast, can't find a replacement part and I don't even know the measurements of the fuel line to replace it because the existing one is in such bad shape. You don't happen to know the dimensions of this line do you? The one that connects to the fuel filter.
It's 1/4 inch line
This diagram will help https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-d...pz480-n-31821/87g1-785416/fuel-tank-13565528#

Back