Changing hc weights in the field

nodoo_s

I know there was a post last year about this, just need to know what is the easiest way to change weights in the field without removing primary? Can it be done without pulling off cover and do you have to take arms out or can you leave them on the sled? I think vmj told of how he did in under 15 minutes with no special tools. Any help would be great.

heel clickers

I would recommend you carry the primary clutch holder (see link to maxximum performance catalog) which keeps the primary open for ya. From there, you can get easy access to the weights. As for working on the heel clickers specifically, I'll have to let someone else chime in.

Mark

http://www.maxxperf.com/YXR_Clut_Holder.htm

arms would have to be removed, but clutch can stay on. I got pretty good at it last year setting up my heavy hitters. Just loosen up the bolts holding the weight on, compress the spring a bit, and slide the bolt and weight out. You could also build a small tool similar to a clutch puller: take threaded rod (same thread as clutch bolt) and screw it in where the clutch bolt goes. On the other end use a nut and large washer to compress the clutch spring. Then you have the space to get the weights in and out. This is probably the best way to do it. I wouldn't want my fingers in there if it slammed shut. ;)!

ekim, i have that tool but heard you shouldnt use it with any hc springs. Said they put to much force when you put the clip on to hold the primary and it would crack the sheaves. dont know if this is true or not.

Last edited:

Back