`77 SRX cylinder sleeves

yamaton

Here it is guys. I got an set of 8F200 jugs that needs to be redone. Cylinders is already sleeved so I got no other option for this pair. What I'm looking for is a set of cast iron cylinder sleeves with that bridged intake port to match the 8F200 intake. But where to find a sleeve like that?

All the sleeves I seem to find out there is for the 8G900 cylinder so I'm starting to run out of leeds on this one. :dunno:

Any ideas?

Thanks // yamaton

Last edited:

You can't still get them from LA Sleeve? If yours aren't too bad you could just have them Nicisiled.

LA list a sleeve for the 1977-1980 SRX but I've learned that this one do not have the bridge for the 8F200. Maybe someone know this for a fact?

I guess you could use the same bridged sleeve on the later models as well if you cut the bridge off when you put it in a 8G900 jug? Atleast I figured so when I ordered an Advanced Sleeve described to fit all (and I was told it was the correct one) but of cause -no bridge.

Cylinders is rough with less good roundness so I'd like to go with new sleeves.

I would ask them personally. A friend used to put them in 8A7 and 8G9 cylinders all the time. If you can't nik the existing sleeves you could put the 8G9 sleeves in and leave the aluminum bridge in place providing the intake port hasn't been opened much more than stock. What are you going tio use the motor for?

dynofun said:
I would ask them personally. A friend used to put them in 8A7 and 8G9 cylinders all the time. If you can't nik the existing sleeves you could put the 8G9 sleeves in and leave the aluminum bridge in place providing the intake port hasn't been opened much more than stock. What are you going tio use the motor for?
Thanks. Will contact them to make sure. I have these jugs on the side and I plan to use them in my sled for drag and oval racing. Running sleeved cylinders right now with good result but as I'm about to replace them I'd like to use this other set as the condition of the frames themselves is better. Got a NOS cylinder and a good used one on the side as well but I see the use of them as my last option.

I used to work in and owned a machine shop and we used to put sleeves in and I can remember putting in sleeves from L.A. Sleeve and they had the intake bridge in them ,also if you contact L.A. Sleeve they can make your sleeves to order ,they don't charge that much more if any for special order. When we had to put sleeves in the 78-80 SRX's without the bridge we would have to machine the bridge out of the sleeve because we were afraid it would brake off without the bridge in the cylinder for support like the 77's have .

vmax-540 said:
I used to work in and owned a machine shop and we used to put sleeves in and I can remember putting in sleeves from L.A. Sleeve and they had the intake bridge in them ,also if you contact L.A. Sleeve they can make your sleeves to order ,they don't charge that much more if any for special order. When we had to put sleeves in the 78-80 SRX's without the bridge we would have to machine the bridge out of the sleeve because we were afraid it would brake off without the bridge in the cylinder for support like the 77's have .
Sounds great they can make sleeves to order if they don't have it in stock. Will contact them for sure. Thanks!

I used to have a "S.S.R. 440-III" modified 8G9 engine in a 78 SRX. It had the bridged steel sleeves and ran stock 8G9 pistons with a cheap chrome faced kimpex ring. It was a screamer.

Back