76 srx pipes

rambo3010

are the 76 or 77 pipes better. 77 lookes like there bigger diamiter, but i herd the 76 pipes have more hp. i found a set of 76 pipes for $200.00 . any better deals out there?

IF you can find a set of 77 pipes, the price will be triple what you found the 76 pipes for....

pipes

What are you planning on installing the pipes on. The 76 pipes are a good cheater pipe on a 78-80 SRX. I was once told the 340 SRX pipes on a 78-80 SRX would make a good improvement in a drag set ups. I have the 76 440 SRX pipes on a 79 440 SRX with shaved heads and it helped alot in my 500ft times compared to stock pipes. Like stated before 77 pipes go foraround $600 and are a complete different set up.

The pipes are completely different. 76 pipes would kill a 77 motor. 77 pipes wouldn't do much for a 76 motor unless you modify the exhaust port.

76 PIPES DO WORK AWSOME ON A 78-79 SRX WITH LAKE RACING PORTING, .40 mm CARBS etc. THEY WILL RUN ANYWHERE FROM 9000-9500. 77 PIPES ARE WHOLE DEFFERENT ANIMAL. THESE CAN RUN UP TO 10,000. 3:16 (yammie tony)

heres a set of pipes on my buddys 77

Attachments

• 77 pipes.JPG
    77 pipes.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 18
im putting the 76 pipes on my 79 srx. all my friend decided to find our old vintage sleds we used to ride, and do the vintage rides.we got a rupp nitro,trail twister,boa ski,johndeer 300 i dont know why,a north way,eltiger 5000and my 79 srx.i want to build a sled to ride and for now go to radar runs and barn yard races. im buying parts all summer and buildding a drag sled thats why i asked about the 79 lower end.i used to race a 76 but it only had a 79 motor.do any of you drag race anymore.we dont have races around here any more for ins reasons realy sux.im from la crosse wi.

YOUR GONNA HAVE TO RE-JET AND RE-CLUTCH IF YA USE A 76 SRX EXHAUST. LIKE I POSTED ABOVE, 9500 WAS THE MAGIC NUMBER BUT YOU WON,T GET THERE WITH STOCK 79 CYLS/ AND STOCK .36 mm CARBS. THAN YOUR GAINS WILL BE SMALL. I TESTED THE CRAP OUT OF A 76 SRX EXHAUST. THEY REALLY WORK NICE. MINE WAS ON BOTH A 78 AND A 79. 3:16 (yammie tony)

i have 40 mm carbs,im shaving heads:how mutch is the question.also i've never ported snowmobils so im not sure were to start.i've did a set of car heads but thats way different i would guess.2 strokes are perty touchy, thair usualy already close to the limit.i would love to finde a set with a good job already done.

rambo3010 said:
i have 40 mm carbs,im shaving heads:how mutch is the question.also i've never ported snowmobils so im not sure were to start.i've did a set of car heads but thats way different i would guess.2 strokes are perty touchy, thair usualy already close to the limit.i would love to finde a set with a good job already done.

PM sent to your inbox...

pipes

I have my heads at 16cc. 80 ignition. comet clutch and a Cat secondary. 36mm carbs. 76 440 SRX pipes. Stock cylinders because I run it in stock class. This sled runs awsome. I grass drag it and have a lot of first places with it. It is a ticking time bomb but I keep plenty of parts on hand to keep it running.

Back