So, what's this worth? SSR

Zachalyse

Yamaha SSR. Not completely stock. Tank,bars,tunnel and seat look different. Runs with original motor.

any thought as to its value?

Attachments

• 2904995200903112130191.jpg
    2904995200903112130191.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 60

is it yours? can you purchase it? if so what does the guy want?or do you want for that matter?pm me.& for vaule i dont know because it's not original & needs work.

You should buy it,if you can get it dirt cheap.I guess you are into oval racing,but with some minor adjustments you can make this one hell of a lake rocket or vintage dragsled.
And so if its not original?it runs with the original motor,chassie and front end,what
about making your self a custom sled?
I have to be hated for what i am about to say now,but here it comes:I actually think these sleds are cooler than the all original ones,with a 5 digit price tag that youre nearly afraid to be even looking at.
A bastard sled like this has much more history in a way,like: who build it?who raced it?when was it modified?and so on.
Dont get me wrong,i think its great that people originaly restore these sleds,and letting younger people like me in on a over 30 years old racing history,but an ssr like this,you dont have to be to afraid to use

And you can always slaughter it and sell all the expensive parts.but that would just be a shame.

Nikolai

Nikolai_Ex said:
You should buy it,if you can get it dirt cheap.I guess you are into oval racing,but with some minor adjustments you can make this one hell of a lake rocket or vintage dragsled.
And so if its not original?it runs with the original motor,chassie and front end,what
about making your self a custom sled?
I have to be hated for what i am about to say now,but here it comes:I actually think these sleds are cooler than the all original ones,with a 5 digit price tag that youre nearly afraid to be even looking at.
A bastard sled like this has much more history in a way,like: who build it?who raced it?when was it modified?and so on.
Dont get me wrong,i think its great that people originaly restore these sleds,and letting younger people like me in on a over 30 years old racing history,but an ssr like this,you dont have to be to afraid to use

And you can always slaughter it and sell all the expensive parts.but that would just be a shame.

Nikolai
I agree with you Nikolai. I like to ride them. So much more satisfaction than just looking at them and waxing them.
I will most likely pass on this one. Seller wants way to much and says he's firm. Besides, he hasn't replied to my email. Could already be gone.

Hmm,how much did he asked?I understand him in a way,since original SSR parts are not easy to find,and are very expensive.Do you have any more pics?

Let me know what you find out!

By the looks of that photo the only thing ssr is the hood and i'm willing to bet its pretty tough at that. I am all for making hot rods out of old sleds they are a ton of fun and work great. I would like to get my hands on a ssr hood if you know of any. Check out my post "whats wrong with this"

It looks like a merc with ssr frontend cobbled to it. It is a merc tunnel pretty sure. My original rolling chassis sold a little while ago for 3000 but it was the real thing.

It was a hand built front end, twister tunnel. Right ssr pipes with motor. And a set of extra 8h0 cylinders with a couple set of rings. It is already sold.

Back